Reload this Page >

Barbados - a "one nite-stand"

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 06:28 AM
Karen

My plans include a stop/stay-over on Barbados on the way to/from the Grenadines. Looking for low-key, low-rise, moderate-priced beachfront (near great restaurant would be ideal - or recommendation for one!)that would have screening for open air. For Febraury so no minimum stays - probable one nite going and coming. Will forgo moderate price in order to have open accomodations (don't want hermatically sealed a/c room!)Any suggestions?

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 09:30 AM
Peggy

Heah Karen, Are you going to PSV! Decided to make the extra flight effort? Good for you. The island is great, you are going to love it. When we went we stayed at The Casuarina Beach Club for 1 night before leaving for PSV. Beautiful gardens. Is 3 or 4 story but sliding glass doors with screens. 5-10 minutes from airport, on beach. Yes there are kids. It was great for what we needed & convenient for 1 night. Would I spend an entire vacation there? No. On the return trip we spent several days in Barbados & then stayed at the Sandpiper on the West coast in Holetown, sister hotel to the Coral Reef. Fantastic! 1 bedroom suite, great restaurant. But a bit pricey. It would not be convenient or cost effective for one night's stay. Sure you'll get other input. I'll keep tuned because we do have PSV on our "return" list & I'd like to hear of other hotels to try on Barbados for such a situation. Good luck.

Old Jun 30th, 2000, 04:22 AM
Karen

Procastinated long enuf! Time to get cracking and hopefully for the third year in a row, hurricanes will not disrupt the Feb plans. We always booked sooo early so this year we have decided to "lay back" a little! Hope the change helps! LOL. But have to admit the "new" Cap still looms in my ambivilence when planning - but gonna take the "sure thing!" Thanks for the suggestions!

Old Jun 30th, 2000, 10:28 AM
Julia

We were in Holetown last month. For an excellent meal at mid-range Barbados prices I highly recommend Baku (beachfront), Ragamuffins & Olives. Cocomos (beachfront) was also good --- try the sweet potato encrusted snapper. <BR> <BR>A taxi from the airport to Holetown was 30 $US (for 3). <BR> <BR>We chose the Inn on the Beach (next to Cocomos) because it was low-key & true beachfront. It was really run down (felt like a boy scout camp from the 50's), but a good location. <BR> <BR>We liked the south coast beaches better, but not the area. If you have some daytime hours too, you might like the Crane. Lovely beach. Beautiful views. Not close to restaurants, but their own was quite good. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 11:00 AM
Peggy

Karen, <BR>Found this & moved it up. You can check out pictures of both hotels on <BR>http://www.barbados.org/hotels/ <BR>Prices for Sandpiper were less than published so call/e-mail & see what kind of a deal you can get. Both are air conditioned optional but with open doors/windows with screens (at least when we were there!

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 03:46 PM
Karen

Peggy, can't thank you enuf ... thought it was those that you recommended but wasn't sure ... a senior moment or two!! I couldn't find the original post and when I used search for "a one nite stand," the only result I got was "Sex on the Beach." LOL ... Yup, booked and done for. Had to adjust our plans by one day since we couldn't get back on Saturday using miles for Business Class! (Major depletion of the miles account but well worth it because air was quoted at $1400 per person!!!) So we will be staying on Barbados on a Tuesday and then returning after 7 days on PSV for 2 nites before flying home on a Friday!! Did bookmark both places and PSV confirmed that either would be "more than adequate." Although I hate winter, I can hardly wait 'til Feb! But if it were Feb., it would mean that October and December trips are done with!! Thanks so much for finding the "missing" thread ... I knew it was here but just couldn't for the life of me find it to confirm I had the "right" places!! Both look very enticing!!!

Old Jul 21st, 2000, 06:30 AM
Peggy

No problem. I'll e-mail you this weekend with a little more info. You're goning to love PSV. Need to ask you some impressions on accomodations for Anguilla which I think we are alos considering. Talk to you later.....