Reload this Page >

Atlantis info/Resturants & Towers

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2000, 09:58 AM
Anne

My husband and I are planning a long weekend very soon to the Atlantis and wondering which tower to stay in and which restuarants you recommend. Is the meal plan a good idea? <BR>Thanks for your input.

Old Aug 27th, 2000, 12:11 PM
Gail

Hi Anne, <BR> I've been to Atlantis twice and stayed at the Coral Towers both times. In in the middle of the others and is convenient. <BR> The first time we got the meal plan and wound up eating WAY more than we really wanted. WE got the gourment plan because we were there for six nights and wanted more choices than the $53 dollar plan provides. We also like fine dining and none of the better restaurants are on the $53 plan. If you like buffets and deli food or burgers, the $53 plan would be OK for a long weekend. This year we did not get any meal plan. Just ate exactly what we wanted. We found that we SAVED about $25-$30 a day EACH without the meal plan. <BR> If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me. <BR> Have a great trip.

Old Aug 27th, 2000, 12:13 PM
Gail

Sorry Anne, <BR> I forgot to mention the restaurants we like. At the Atlantis we really like Villa D'Este and Fathoms. The Bahamian Club is also good. Across the street from Atlantis is a casual, reasonably priced restaurant called Anthony's Caribbean Grille. Service and food were both good.

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 09:18 AM
Vince

The Beach Tower is closest to the beach and is the most economical. however, we did opt for the ocean front room. the gourmet meal plan is well worth it. go to their web site www.sunint.com/atlantis and check out the restaurants, location, type of food and dress. my travel agent made advanced reservations for us. Vince

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 03:31 PM
kim

Does any of the towers at Atlantis have balconies? I would like to get oceanfront accomodations, but the view would be much better from a balcony vs. a window. <BR> <BR>Thanks

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 04:02 PM
Gail

Hi Kim, <BR>Yes, the rooms at Atlantis have balconies.

Old Sep 12th, 2000, 07:40 AM
Toni

To follow up on earlier posts... <BR>We stayed in the Beach Tower last October. Upon check-in we were given a room that had a view of a roof and a wall. So, we went back down to the lobby and requested a room with a view of the grounds and/or the ocean. We were immediately taken to another room that had a great view of both the grounds and the ocean! The beach tower is the oldest tower, however the rooms are clean and each have a balcony with 2 chairs. The beach tower pool is closest to the ocean; there is always a breeze that feels great on a hot day. <BR>We did have the gourmet meal plan as were were staying for 5 nights/6 days. <BR>I think the plan is great if you enjoy eating a large breakfast and dinner. However if a danish and coffee in the a.m. is what you'd prefer, I don't think the meal plan is the way to go. <BR>The restaurants are all very good... Bahamian Club, Villa D'este and Fathoms were my favorites. <BR>Hope this helps.

Old Oct 4th, 2000, 07:03 PM
jill

I would suggest the coral tower, and ask for an ocean front room. We were give a room right on the ocean in the older part of the hotel, which was fine with me! WE stepped out the door and onto the beach! Do not suggest the meal plan... it is way too much food and the food I found to be very heavy. The poop deck is great!