Reload this Page >

Aruba: Thanks again & another question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 11:50 AM
MHS

Thanks for the answer to my question about Aruba in April. Now here's another (probably just as silly stupid, but forgive me). On WWW.ARUBATOURISM.COM there are a number of interesting things to see such as the Main Town and several museums as well as natural sites. Can one get around without a rental car? Do most or any of the beach resorts provide a shuttle service? We are 63 & 65 -- will we be allowed to rent a vehicle without an international license? How hectic is the traffic?<BR>Thanks again.<BR><BR>

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 11:57 AM
Lisa

There are tours available that you can sign up for from the hotel. They will come and pick you up. Plus there is a public bus that comes around that stops at all the hotels and you can go into town for I think $2. You do not need an international driver's license for car rental.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 03:20 PM
ccc

Don't worry about anything in Aruba; It is just a great atmosphere, no matter your age.<BR>The island is small; listen to me; rent a jeep and GO FOR IT

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 09:03 PM
freewoman

I have to agree with the previous poster. Aruba has to be one of the easiest islands to navigate in the Caribbean. They don't have much traffic at all and you drive on the right like in the US. Also we found the taxi's very cheap and we never had a problem finding one. Even when we went to Baby Beach and took the taxi, we told him what time we wanted him to pick us up and he did.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 05:51 AM
car

I would rent a car at least for a day or two. There are so many things to see that are almost impossible to get to without a car. Yes, you could sign up and take a tour. BUT I hate those things. We rented a "jeep" for two days, but somehow got stuck with a mini-van. It ended up being fine.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Bud

You can get around without a car. Taxis are readily available and will take you anywhere you want to go. If you are not used to driving on small roads, don't take the chance. Check out ARUBABOUND.COM