Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have Info on these Cuba Hotels?

In Havana: Sofitel Sevilla Hotel
In Varadero: Sol Palmeras
In Trinidad: Las Cuevas
In Cienfuegos: Jagua Hotel
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:10 PM

Go to trip advisor to get info and Carribbean on line has an active cuba forum. We went to varadero over xmas satyed at Melia Varadero and loved it.
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:21 PM

Hola Danish44:

Here's a link to info on the Sevilla in Havana.
http://www.transtur.com/eng/ficha_ho...&ref=shortcuts

Also I would highly recommend you scan the Caribline Cuba forum and post your question there.
Here's the link
http://www.caribline.com/islands/cu/forum.shtml

From your list of hotels, it sounds like you plan to see quite a bit of the country. I am sure you will enjoy it.
Check out my Cuban photos (with info) at

http://photopilot.tripod.com

Have a great Cuban experience.
Steve
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 01:33 PM

HI Danish
Stayed at the SEVILLA, for one week in October. Great place & location.I have pictures if you want.
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:29 AM

We stayed at Las Cuevas hotel on the outskirts of Trinidad last May. Nice enough hotel. Food okay, but not great. We had to change rooms, the plumbing was a problem in the first. Everyone else in our group had rooms that were fine. It's a long walk into town, but I assume you'll have your own transportation. Plenty of parking spaces for your car since it's alone on the top of a hill. Trinidad is a wonderful town, the historical section in the center is lovely. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay there.
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 12:16 AM

Stayed at the Sol Palmeras just last week. It was nice, but nothing special. A decent room, OK service (although pretty snappy once the staff knows you to be a tipper), nice enough layout, and OK but not great food. All-inclusives aren't really my thing, I guess. I did like the pool deck, the way it was laid out with the abundance of palm trees. Then there's a nice little snack shack where I ate lunch every day, halfway between the pool and the beach. The snack shack right on the beach is supposed to be even better, but they were always running out of food. The beach is quite nice, although I wish they kept it a bit cleaner (lots of seaweed).

If you want to be contraband cigars, you can get a box for cheap from the guys who sell in the palm thicket, off to the right of the beach. They're totally trustworthy, and it seems they sell the genuine article. Just remember that you cannot take more than 23 cigars (25 in a box) out of Cuba without presenting an official receipt (and they WILL search your bags when you depart).