Reload this Page >

Anyone been to Couples Negril recently?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 08:10 AM
Tracy

My husband and I are going to Couples in April. We are seriously considering upgrading to a Beachfront Suite vs. the basic Oceanview room but are unsure. We are also concerned about the dinner dress code. I will not ask how the beach is, because this is one of the main reasons we picked Negril in the first place. Any information is appreciated.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 11:31 AM
Lisa

Hi Tracy!<BR><BR>I just returned from Sandles Negril. It was a couples resort, but is it the same resort you mentioned? If the two resorts are the same I can help you out! As for dress code, we spent the entire day in swimsuits, cover ups and shorts. The men always wore shirts and sandles to lunch over their swimsuits. The women wore sundresses in the evening and the men wore nice shirts/collared shirts with nice shorts or in one particular resturant on the property the men were required to wear dress pants. I saw a woman wearing a cocktail dress during one evening, but for the most part all the women were in summer dresses! I hope I have helped you! -Lisa

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 11:46 AM
larry

Wrong info there. Sandals and Couples are different resorts. We have been to Sandals, and the post above is wrong. Long pants are not required in any of the eating places at Sandals Negril, only "dress shorts" and shirts with a collar (like a knit shirt, a print shirt, etc). You could go to Sandals Negril and take no long pants and be in good shape. However, if you choose to go to one of the other Sandals properties to eat, like Beaches Negril, they do require long pants in one place, but the others are all "dress shorts".<BR><BR>Now, from what I have read, Couples does require long pants for evening meals, but this does not mean you have to dress up. Nice tan slacks, an island style shirt worn on the outside, a nice pant suit or a little floral dress for the lady, and you are ok. Also, some will say no open toe shoes, sneakers, etc. <BR><BR>The brochures show the people much more dressed up than they really get. Think pretty casual, but not ratty and you will be ok.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 07:07 PM
joan

I was at Couples Negril last year for Valentine's. I wouldn't bother upgrading, unless you like alot of room. The suites were located on the corners of the oceanfront buildings, and had walkways going right by the patios, which made for not much privacy, especially on the first floor. I would go with a second or third floor basic room - for privacy. Also, my husband was turned away at dinner (at the reservations only restaurant) for wearing open-toed dark leather sandals. We informed the maitre d' that his only other shoes were sneakers, and he thought about it, and relented. My husband was very nicely dressed too, with long pants and collar shirt (and we noticed that the tableclothes came all the way to the floor, so who would've seen his toes anyway???) Other than this tiny annoyance, we very much enjoyed Couples. Have fun!

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:56 AM
pam

hi tracy- we stayed at Couples Negril in October. we splurged for the beachfront suite, but if we did it all again, we would save the money. for the time we spent in the room, it wasn't worth it. the dinner dress code varied depending on where you ate. if you go to the nice place (othaheite, which i recommend at least twice) you need to wear a skirt or dress, and men wear a button down shirt and pants. for the other dining options, you can wear shorts if you like. we tend to dress up more- so we wore pants and sundresses, but people were dressed every-which way. the beach was definitely my favorite thing at the resort. it was gorgeous. have fun!