Reload this Page >

Sand Acres Hotel - Barbados

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 1999, 07:14 PM
Julie

Has anyone stayed at the Sand Acres Hotel? How is this location, food, etc..?

Old Feb 10th, 1999, 10:51 AM
murray

Julie: <BR> <BR>This is going back a bit, but my wife and I stayed at this hotel on our honeymoon way back in 1986. I still see the hotel in brochures and it looks the same. We were very happy with the accomodations there. It is small and quiet, on a nice beach and within walking distance to the clubs and restaurants in the St. Lawrence Gap. Not a whole lot to do there, but hey, we were on our honeymoon. The rooms were quite nice: clean and big. I guess it depends on what kind of vacation you are looking for. In subsequent vacations we have gone all-inclusive, but I still look back at the Sand Acres with fond memories. <BR>

Old Feb 17th, 1999, 06:46 AM
Sharon

Dear Julie: We stayed at the Bougainvilla Resort which is the sister property of Sand Acres two years ago ( a little more pricey than Sand Acres) They were just building a new section. These small buildings have about 12 studio apts. per building. Beautiful interior design and fabrics, fully equipped kitchenette, all have balconies facing the beach. You come out of your building and you are directly on the beach. It has the feeling of being at the cottage. Not hundreds of people milling about like at Florida resorts. Lush greenery on the grounds. The "grill restaurant" is located on the Sand Acres sectopm and has reasonably priced good food. We especially like seafood and it was very good- done just right! Water is OK to drink. Gorgeous long beach with no coral (at least at that time!). We enjoy swimming in the salt water. There was a slight undertow when we were there due to high winds, but not too bad. However, some people are "pool people". St. Lawrence Gap is about a 15 minute walk down the beach past two resorts, then a short trip along the road. There is a market just up the road where you can buy fresh pineapples (just dripping with juice), bananas, etc. I must say that we found lots to do in St. Lawrence Gap. Very good restaurants, jazz bars, small shops. We rented a jeep type vehicle (a "mokey") and drove around the whole island on two afternoons.Stopped in at "local" places to eat. Very safe to explore on your own. Took a catamaran cruise, did some snorkelling. Bougainvilla/Sand Acres is a favourite with Nova Scotia, Canadians. Has a very good reputation. Oh, when we went the week of April 22, the temps were high 80's and low 90's. There is always a breeze so it doesn't feel too hot. I did not find there was humidity, like in Naussau or Jamaica. I wouldn't hesitate to go back! Hope this is of some help. <BR>

Old Feb 17th, 1999, 06:25 PM
julie

Thank you for all the info. Sounds like a good place to stay!

Old Feb 17th, 1999, 06:25 PM
julie

Thank you for all the info. Sounds like a good place to stay!