Any info on Royal West Indies?

Dec 15th, 2001, 11:40 AM
alli

Any info on Royal West Indies?

Has anyone stayed at the Royal West Indies recently? I would love to hear how it is since the completion of construction. Thanks!

Jan 9th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Suzy

We (me, my husband and 2 children)stayed there in August of last year and it was very nice. They have a very nice onsite restaurant and great pool. The rooms are super nice and the beach area was great. We loved it and would go back. Hope this helps!

Jan 20th, 2002, 03:39 PM
tony

Saw it from the beach and I thought it was one of the prettiest condos there. No construction either.

Mar 5th, 2002, 05:36 PM
Dallas

My husband and I stayed there in September of 2001 before the construction was complete, and we loved it. The staff was super nice and helpful. I set off the fire alarm, making popcorn in the microwave at 10:30 at night and two staff members showed up immediately! They laughed, I still felt stupid, but they were nice like it happened everyday! The restuarant, Mango Reef, is slightly expensive, but the food is really good. This is coming from a girl who likes nothing! We went to Punta Cana, D.R. last week and I hated the food and I thought the beach was sub-par compared to Provo. The beach area was real private and sooo beautiful. Truly deserving of your attention. The only thing about Royal West Indies is the cost of food. Unless you want to eat at Mango Reef everyday, you have to go to the grocery store, (don't pay the resort driver, as they put this charge on your room bill. Sorry, Mark, we loved you!) and the grocery is really expensive compared to the States. Don't go to the IGA, go to the island residents grocery. Anyway, we loved Royal West Indies. So much that we are planning a trip back soon.
"Send the light, let it shine." If you go, tell Mark we said the above.

Mar 6th, 2002, 04:07 PM
Sarah Jane

Spent a week 2/16-2/23/02 at Royal west Indies & loved it. No complaints what so ever.Stayed in a studio oceanview suite with a mini kitchen. I thought IGA was fairly reasonable. Some items very expensive but for the most part reasonable for an island. Grounds at RWI are beautiful with flowers, cactus & terrific plantings. would highly reccomend. Rwi was within walking of port of calls & we liked Barefoot Cafe there. Snorkeling,bikes & hobies were included in the rates. Very romantic setting too!