Any beach front villas St. John?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Starting to plan our next Caribbbean vacation. St. John keeps coming up as everyones favorite. We are looking for a place with great shore snorkeling and beautiful beaches. It seems that you have to drive to get to beaches. Are there any villas/condos located directly on the beach? (we need a villa as we are a family of 6) Thanks for any advice!
Old Feb 26th, 2005, 04:30 AM

With 6 people, I recommend you rent a minivan from one of the places right at the airport in St. Thomas (Budget is a good choice). I don't think any of the St. John car rentals have minivans, but you should check all the websites. There are many villas either on a beach or within walking distance to a beach. Check as many websites as you can to get the widest range of offerings. Just search under "St. John U.S.V.I." and you will get plenty of sites. "Caribbeanvilla" is a good one. Most swimmable beaches are also fun to snorkel. St. John is small (3 miles by 9 miles) and 2/3 is national park. It offers a great mix of modern convenience (shopping, atms, medical clinics) and yet remains quaint and fairly safe. We loved it so much we bought a house there (sorry, too small for your purposes). It's such a great place to explore. No matter what, you won't want to park at your one beach too long. Dozens of amazing swimming and snorkeling options. The driving around is fun too. If you have kids they will love the scenery, wild donkeys and goats, and the winding roads.
Old Feb 26th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the great reply to my St. John question. I've read about caribbeanvilla.com on other sites so I guess I will go ahead and give it a try. Forgive my ignorance...but we would be able to rent a mini-van in St. Thomas and bring it over to St. John? On the ferry? Thanks again for your help!
Old Feb 26th, 2005, 12:35 PM

Check out www.cateredto.com They have a villa,"Terrahawk," which is up a driveway right behind Hawksnest Beach. You can walk to the beach, and it is one of the great northshore beaches on St.John, with wade-in snorkeling. Other fine beaches within a few minutes drive also.
Old Feb 26th, 2005, 01:46 PM

Hi! Just found this website...what a wealth of information! We are planning to Visit St. John for a week in June. I have gone into "planning frenzy" and have narrowed our villa choices down to Golden Dragon on Fish Bay and Pebble Cove on Haulover Bay. Has anyone stayed at these villas? If so do you have any advice. Also, husbands are planning to play golf at Mahogany Run on St. Thomas. Bring clubs or rent? Back to St. John...any good restaurants or sights that should not be missed? Thanks for your help!