Search

Antigua or Negril

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 05:28 PM
Kyla

Antigua or Negril

Hello, everyone. My husband and I are planning a vacation for next August to celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary and my college graduation. We were thinking of Sandals in Antigua or Hedonism in Negril. Anyone have any advice on either of these resorts. Any better suggestions? We want something romantic and all inclusive with lots of things to do on and off the resort. Thanks, in advance, for your suggestions.

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 09:08 AM
xxx

type "hedo" in search field and read posts. Also, go to the website they recommend before booking Hedo. <BR> <BR>I was in Antigua (not at Sandals) and loved it a few months ago. Read the messages at http://www.geographia.com/guestbook/antigua/. <BR> <BR>All depends on what you are looking for.

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 12:39 PM
Amy

Kyla- <BR>There are lots of resorts in Negril. I was just at Grand Lido Negril (GLN). They also own HedoII in Negril. GLN is very grand and a lot nicer than Hedo. <BR>It all depends on what you want. <BR>We felt Hedo was a little too racy for us. <BR>GLN is located in the Bloody Bay and has excellent water sports. Included in your price is snorkelling, scuba diving, sailing, kayaking, paddle boats, sunset cruise on the MY Zein yatch.... <BR>You can pay extra to go para sailing, take a catamaran trip, trip to nearby falls.... <BR>Also, there's a Toga night, PJ party, Beach party, and a Disco on the resort. <BR>We had a great time and highly reccomend it to anyone. <BR>Amy

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 12:59 PM
Penney

Sandals Antigua and Hedo are two completely different resorts. <BR> <BR>Hedo is located in NEgril, one of the best beaches in the CAribbean. It is very active, property is so-so in terms of upkeep (not as nice as other resorts and Sandals) and the crowd is well, just not my kind!! Can get a bit on the raunchy side! <BR> <BR>Sandals Antigua is very laid back, romantic, the most beuaitufl gardens, much quieter the Hedo. It is one a great beach but totally different crowd.

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 02:19 PM
Kyla

Thanks! After I posted this message I found some previous posts and web sites about Hedo - a little too raunchy for me! Thanks!