Search

Anguilla Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 10:58 AM
sally

Anguilla Restaurants

I will be in Anguilla next month with a group of friends. I am looking for restaurant suggestions for dinners. We will be staying at Cap Juluca and won't be renting cars so anything that is walkable or cab-able would be great. We will be a group of about 10. Are reservations necessary? Also, please include general price info as I'm sure we won't mind spending a lot on a few meals but a few inexpensive meals (if possible) would also be great. Thanks!

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 11:19 AM
nicole

scilly cay, fun, very expensive<BR>straw hat is awesome!!!!!!!<BR>mango's and blardards<BR>Anguilla has great food all pretty expensive.<BR>All by cab, no need for car.<BR>CJ is heaven on earth!

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 06:06 AM
sally

I know that there is someone of this board who is an Anguilla expert. I am going to have 9 angry friends! Some suggestions....please!

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 06:26 AM
Shari

Hey Sally,<BR>Congrats on choosing CJ and Anguilla. You and your friends will LOVE it. Everything on the island is cab-able, but I would SERIOUSLY recommend a rental car. Anguilla is easy to explore and you will miss alot by spending all your time at Cap (even though CJ is very beautiful).<BR>Sapphire is within walking distance from Cap and is a lovely moderate to expensive restaurant that gets raves with visitors and locals both. That's the only place I know of within walking distance other than the restaurants at CJ. But I've never stayed on that part of the island...so I'm no expert there.<BR><BR>The Anguilla forum at www.caribbean-on-line.com is VERY active. Lots of repeat Anguilla visitors frequent that board. I would suggest you post this question over there and see what all the experts have to say. I know you'll love Anguilla. It's a little slice of heaven and it's only 43 more days until I get back there myself.

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 06:31 AM
Diana

Sally,<BR>First, with 10 people always make a reservation. You will be in the west end, so you can easily cab to Altimer, Trattoria Tramonte, Mango's, Casablanca at Sonesta (say Hi to Judy), Barrel Stay on Sandy Ground (say Hi to Bob Mazza). All these are in the $25-$35 per entree range. Then, there is Ripples at Sandy Ground, Tasty's, and E's Oven that are also easily accessible by cab with entrees lower in price. If you venture into the Valley, go to English Rose-inexpensive and good. Sapphire is right at the entrance to Cap (I have not been so cannot say about prices/service.) You also have Pimms and Georges at Cap, as well as a new restaurant (I forget the name) at Cap with lighter fare. You may also want to consider hiring one of the many wonderful cab drivers for a day and tour around. (I think you can fit 10 in a van.) Hope this helps and have a wonderful time. 4 months until I return to paradise!