Anguilla or St. Barts

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 11:01 AM
Cat

Anguilla or St. Barts

Planning a honeymoon and torn between Anguilla and St. Barts. We are looking for a non-traditional honeymoon with great dining, spa luxuries, activities, etc. without the typical tourist attractions. Which Island do we choose?

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 05:49 PM
Barbara

Cat and John..Those are the most traditional things to do for a homeymoon! St. Barths is low on "spas" and neither island is a true spa destination in my opinion (Hawaii is better for that). Why not combine the islands? How much time do you have, what do you want to spend on accomadations and when are you travelling? All these things can make a big difference!

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 05:20 AM
penny

Barbara I beg to differ! Anguilla has CuisinArt with a wonderful spa! Malliouhana is opening a hugh spa!
Cap Juluca has great in room spa services! Anguilla has excellent restaurants and beautiful beaches!
Never been to St. Barts but it would be a great combo, depending how many days you will have for your honeymoon. Activiites? water sports, shopping etc.
Not sure what you are looking for?
The caribbean is wonderful, and alot easier to get too from the east coast.
Hawaii is a trip, it is an interesting
destination and entirely different than any caribbean island!
Which island should you chose, how can you go wrong!

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 08:22 AM
Cindy

My choice would be Anguilla, although I have been to both islands many times. Neither has typical tourist attractions, both have beautiful beaches & are equally pricey. As far as beaches go I love Shoal Bay. There are a few hotels right on Shoal Bay, but their services are a bit limited for what I think you are looking for. The Cuisinart is fabulous as is the food they grow & serve. Cove Castles is beautiful & has a great Italian place next door with a great view of St. Martin at night. The Mahlliouhana is also very nice as well as Cap Jaluca. On St. Barths I prefer the Guanahani, although the Carl Gustof is beautiful, there's also a new place called Labanane looks really nice. My favorites for beaches would be Saline & Falmands. St. Barths has better shopping, but if you stay on Anguilla you could take the ferry over to Marigot,(30 min. approx. $10) St. Martin to shop for an afternoon. Driving is on the right for St. Barths & the roads are very narrow perfect place for scooter rentals. Driving is on left in Anguilla & the steering wheel on the left, you also have to pay for a temp. drivers license, the car rental agent will take care of this for you. Both islands are very quiet at night.

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 07:22 AM
Sandy Feet

A quick note:

Shops in Marigot, French St. Martin, close from 12:00 till 2:30 or 3. (On the Dutch side they are open all day.)

I would suggest going in the morning to shop then have a nice lunch at one of the many restaurants in the area before heading back to Anguilla.