Reload this Page >

Amsterdam, Bucuti or Hyatt Regency

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Joan Lampe

Help- I would like to plan a trip for my husband and myself to Aruba....we have not been before....can any one give me information on the Amsterdam, Bucuti Beach Hotel or Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort? Which is the best, or aren't these good hotels?

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Linda

The Amsterdam Manor and Bucuti are both low-rise hotels on Eagle Beach. Amsterdam Manor is across the street from the beach and very popular with Europeans. Bucuti is a lovely 63 room hotel on a very huge beach. It's not a fancy hotel but the service is impeccable. Very laid back and quiet atmosphere.<BR><BR>Hyatt is on Palm Beach with the other high-rise hotels and this area has much more activity. Grounds are beautiful and service first-rate but the rooms are nothing special and there are no balconies (just this little step off area only big enough to stand on). There are only three 5 star hotels Hyatt, Marriott and Radisson.<BR><BR>Also look at the Wyndham (on Palm Beach). It has great service and one of the best values.<BR><BR>Travel Unlimited wholesales Aruba so their deals are hard to beat. Go to http//www.travelunlimited.com

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Susanne

My husband and I stayed at the Bucuti Beach Hotel in December and we absolutely loved it - I highly recommend it. The concierge desk was very friendly and helpful, booking snorkeling excursions, jeep rental, and numerous excellent restaurant suggestions. We went around the island and believe that this is really the most beautiful stretch of beach - postcard perfect. The hotel is very lovely and clean and the rooms are good-sized with very new furnishings and with a balcony. I cannot say enough good things about it and can't wait to return!!!

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 09:44 AM
Sharon

We just returned from Aruba and went to the Wyndham one night to gamble and look around. It was a beautiful hotel with great restaurants (Cafe Baci, Blossoms and Pago Pago) and were so impressed that we decided to return again later this year and stay at the Wyndham. There is a Managers Special (dont know details of time period) that we were able to book by calling the hotel directly NOT the Wyndham 800 number. You receive a full suite + taxes and buffet breakfast each morning.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 04:58 AM
chazz

Hyatt is a large, relatively luxurious, full-service resort with a very good beach; located in the midst of several high-rise hotels.<BR><BR>Bucuti is much smaller, quieter, on an even better beach, very nice place with excellent management. Only downside for me is the rather basic pool.<BR><BR>Amsterdam Manor's two main advantages would be price and the availability of units with kitchens. It is across the street from the beach but it's a small road and no big deal - there are no buildings on the beach side of the road in that area. Much smaller hotel than the Hyatt.<BR><BR>Most people would rate the Hyatt as the best of these three but it usually costs quite a bit more than the other two.<BR><BR>