Notices

All inclusive and Cheap...

Old Apr 4th, 2003, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All inclusive and Cheap...

Hi all. I am usually on the Europe side of this site, but I am soliciting input from you island folks. I actually was an island hopper since the age of 5 and then in 1997 took my first Europe trip and have been going ever since. I have been to Jamaica 17 times, Barbados, Antigua, Bermuda, and the Bahamas, but it has been quite a while since I have had a relaxing island vacation and prices and times have changed. I am trying to plan a vegging vacation in September with a friend of mine and we want some place nice, but inexpensive with everything included. I have done this in Jamaica and the Bahamas, but would like other suggestions on islands and places to stay. We are looking for a place that is more for singles than couples as well. Any information and suggestions are greatly appreciated. It is always nice to get input from people who have actually been to a certain place rather than depending on what you read in a brochure or on the web.

Thank you in advance!
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 08:58 AM

Maybe check out Playa Del Carmen in Mexico? Its about 40-45 mi south of Cancun and its located on the caribbean coast. Beautiful beaches and not very expensive. I myself, stayed at the Royal Hideaway and it was absolutely beautiful and relaxing. Its more of an intimate resort so if you are going with a friend you may want to check out other AI's there, such as the Aventura Spa Palace, etc. There are a lot of AI's to choose from. The Royal Hideaway was an AI but didn't feel like one. The food, service, etc. was 5 star! Good luck.
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 09:40 AM

Royal Hideway would be a great spot, especially since you are going in September, you can probably dodge those hurricanes!
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 12:47 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, but we don't want to do Cancun or Mexico. We don't want the manmade island, we want the natural islands. My friend has been to Cancun and we prefer somewhere else. Any other suggestions than Mexico? All suggestions are welcome. I will check out that Royal Hideaway just for the heck of it too.
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 02:25 AM

If you're a bit more adventuresome, check out Los Roques, a chain of islands off Venezuela and northwest of Margarita for far less commercialized vegging...
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 05:26 AM

DR-Punta Cana. Not expensive, many AI's. Check out debbiesdominican.com for comments and reviews of various resorts. Also try Aruba, if weather for Sept. would be a concern. (which obvioulsy, it could be.)