Airconditioning needed in St.Kitts?

Jan 18th, 2002, 11:59 AM
sally

Airconditioning needed in St.Kitts?

We are planning to go to St. Kitts the last week in April? Is it essential that our hotel have airconditioning at that time of year?
Thanks.

Jan 18th, 2002, 06:41 PM
Debbie

Only you can answer that question. I spent a couple years living in the Eastern Caribbean and it is hot there--period. It could get cool enough in the evenings to be comfortable--IF you were in the right spot to catch the breeze, but between the heat and humidity, it would have never have been comfortable enough for me to sleep well without AC. I had friends, however, who managed quite well.

Jan 18th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Darlene

Yes! We used it in our room in January. Even though the island often has a lovely breeze blowing by--why take the chance?

Jan 18th, 2002, 07:09 PM
Phillip

Don't know about St. Kitts, but I've lived on several islands in the Caribbean, mostly in the Windwards. Although I hope to always be able leave the windows open, I always expect the option of a/c, at least in the bedrooms. At the prices you pay these days, I would expect it almost anywhere, and would be wary of anyplace without it unless it was super inexpensive. (Yes I realize "villas" are often "open air" (ie "no a/c") -- I used to live in a villa in Barbados). In my years living in the Carib I rarely used it, except during the hottest part of the year and during the occasional heat wave. But as a tourist you are often not used to the heat, so it sure is nice to have a/c, especially after getting alot of sun during the day. My advice - always go for a/c, and research carefully if someplace doesn't offer it.

Jan 19th, 2002, 04:33 AM
Bill

I have been going to St. Kitts for many years and Yes, you will want AC in April. You can always turn it off but they won't bring you one if you want it.

Jan 21st, 2002, 06:26 AM
sally

considering the golden lemon which apypyarently does not have ac.