Search

Air safety

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air safety

Hi, my husband and I will be going to Costa Rica from July 3rd to July 16th. We will be flying into San Jose catching a small plane to Golfito and then a boat taxi to Zancudo. My question is: I know that it is the rainy season during this time will it be safe flying in the little plane? We will be flying with Sansa. I am really scared of small planes anyway.
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 06:47 AM

You shouldn't have any problems but of course if you are scared of small planes you are the only one who can overcome those fears regardless of any assurances you may get on a travel forum. Suffice to say, flying in smalls planes is not really very dangerous. Remember the pilot of the plane wants to get to his destination safely just as much as you do.

If the weather is bad either at your point of departure or your destination your flight will be delayed until conditions improve.
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

Well thank you so much. You are right on both concerns. In Costa Rica what is considered late afternoon? Do you know anything about Golfito and Zancudo?
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 06:43 AM

Late afternoon would probably mean sometime between 4:00PM and 6:00PM. FYI - depending on the time of year you'll find the sun sets pretty early. For instance in San Jose, Costa Rica the sun sets around 6:00PM in summer and 5:30PM in winter.

Sorry, don't know much at all about Golfito or Zancudo.

Try posting your question on the Latin American forum (use the drop down menu at the top of this page) - lots of Costa Rica experts there.
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 06:44 AM

Sorry, meant to say the Mexico & Central America forum.