Ahhhh.....Negril!!!

Old Nov 15th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahhhh.....Negril!!!

Made it yesterday after 12 hours of flights and layover! It is a feeling that is hard to describe....one that never goes away. The entire way here I was very subdued about our trip....until I step off that plane and feel the cannon of warm, humid, tropical air smack you right in the face! From that point on....nothing but big, fat smiles on our faces. Beef patties for lunch today....patty mon was there like clockwork! Worked through a few Red Stripes on the beach....soaked up some warm Jamaican sunshine....off to Norma's for dinner tonight. Negril is in beautiful shape and the people are as friendly as ever! For those Negrilaholics....get down here! More later.....wish you all could be here with me!!!
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 02:11 PM

Sounds fantastic. I really wish I could make it to Jamaica. It sounds like you're having enough fun for the rest of us!!!
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 02:30 PM

Wish that I could be there too!Maybe oneday soon.Sounds like you are enjoying a well deserved vacation.Have another Red Stripe for me!

Christie
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 04:00 PM

Brett-
Good to hear from you, have a wonderful, well deserved vacation. I know what you mean about the warm air smacking you in the face, not much better than that! Norma's and 3 Dives were our favorites for dinner. Drizzle some of the garlic butter from the lobster on the callaloo. Excellent! Toast a Red Stripe to us here in the cold. Bad weather today here in Michigan. Winter is coming.
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 05:32 AM
cdt

We'll be there in 58 days - Rondel Village - can't wait!

How's the beach? I understand that Wilma expanded it in some areas, shrank it in others.
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Original Poster

2nd full day here in Negril....scattered clouds and sun make for great sunning on the beach. The beach is in fantatic shape from Rondel Village up. Wilma stole a lot of the lower beach towards town. I feel sorry for many of the business owners on that part of the beach. A guy I met in 1987 down here is still working at Jamaica Tamboo and is setting up a table on the beach for us for dinner tonight. Lobster Pizza is their signature dish....sounds good to me! Well....I had better get back to my wife and my cooler full of Red Stripes. Tough day ahead! Looks like T.D. 27 is falling apart and won't impact us. That is good....had me worried there for a couple of days. That is all for today from Negril! I wish you all a great day! Hi Brenda! Hi Christie!
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 08:31 AM

Sounds like you guys are going to have a nice,romantic dinner!I am so jealous..the weather here is 78 and sunny BUT tonight a cold front is coming through and the high tomorrow is only 50.

Take care,
Christie
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 02:40 PM
owa

CaribbeanSoul, Where are you staying? We (family of 10) will be on 7Mile Beach on 26 December. We will discuss which tours to take when we all get together next week at Thanksgiving. I'm thinking I should probably book ahead since it will be Christmas week.

I've told everyone about the Beef patties.

Enyoy the beach. We had below zero wind chill this morning in South Dakota.!! Owa

Old Nov 16th, 2005, 05:04 PM

owa,
BRRRRR!! That sounds cold. We have had very windy, colder, weather here (Michigan) the last couple of days, but not that cold!! Where did you decide to stay? CaribbeanSoul is at CocoLaPalm. We stayed there at his recommendation in July and liked it alot. Very nice establishment and great beach on this property. (Except for the crappy pillows) Are they any better Brett? Mike did say via e-mail that he was getting more. I'm one of those people though that will take my own pillow whenever possible on short road trips. Picky, picky, picky about my pillow. MarionKtold me she can relate to this too.

That Taboo place you are talking about is to the left of CLP if looking at the beach, is it not? Think I remember seeing a sign for the lobster pizza. Sure wish DH and I were there to tip a few with you and your wife!
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 02:30 AM
owa

Brendandg we are staying at CLP at Christmas. CaribbeanSoul please comment on the pillows. I have never taken a pillow on the plane as I have seen some do, but I understand it. Owa

Old Nov 17th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Original Poster

Oh you guys are crackin' me up, mon! Pillows are fine! At least the 4 we have in our room. No complaints. We had a little rain this afternoon....first real rain during our trip. Weather looks great for remainder of stay. Getting too much sun, anyway! Tamboo is down the beach next to Risky Business. We had lobster sauteed in garlic and butter served with a big side of rice and beans with some Jamaican veggies....one of the most memorable dinners my wife and I have ever had in Negril. Tonight is Gino's for a little Italian food barefoot in the sand. My wife made a comment today that is so very true about this place....it is like time stands still here. It is the same as it was in 1985....almost. But not much changes down here....gotta go!
Old Nov 19th, 2005, 04:19 AM

I am getting hungry just reading about your dinners!
Old Nov 19th, 2005, 04:38 AM

Am I a mean person for hating CaribbeanSoul right now?? I'm kidding of course. But I am ENVIOUS, especially now that it's getting cold in "lovely" NJ. At least your post brings a smile to my face.
Continue having a GREAT time!
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 05:40 AM

caribtraveler,
I know what you mean about cold weather..I live in NC and the weather went from 70's to 50's over night.

Christie
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 06:49 AM

Christie, dear woman, you don't know COLD You may know colder than you like and I understand that.

So while some are envious of CS and I'm in that group, I'm willing to trade your overnight low temperatures for mine any day.

It was in the *teens* here last night and single digits are in the forecast. Now that's COLD !

Marion

Old Nov 20th, 2005, 06:54 AM

Marion,
yes..I know that it is ALOT more cold in New England.I went during the Winter one time and the temps were in the teens..during the day!Very cold!I feel for you guys up North.

It just seems that in NC..we never had a "true" fall..it went from Summer to Winter over night.

I guess that I should not complain as it is much more colder up North.

Christie
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 07:03 AM

In the teens??? You MUST be more envious than I am then.
I think it went down to the 40s overnight here, or was it the 30s? I'm refusing to watch the forecast this weekend. Just staying indoors with the heat on high. Who cares if my husband is sweating??
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 07:36 AM

Caribtraveler,

I gues my envy and my complaining should be tempered, since this time next week I"ll be enroute to Jamaica for a visit of a month

It is interesting to explain to Jamaicans what single digit temperatures really mean. They shiver at the thought

No more complaining from me...I promise !

Marion

Old Nov 20th, 2005, 09:01 AM

Great..now I hate 2 people on Fodors!
Kidding...
Christie: I guess it will be you and me complaining then while Marion gets a whole month worth of sun/great food/great music...
Ok I'm depressed now...

P.S.: CaribbeanSoul: Sorry for hijacking your post.

Old Nov 20th, 2005, 09:58 AM

Carib,
Yes..now I am envious of 2 people!

Marion,
Have a wonderful MONTH in Jamaica!

Brett,
C'mon we are waiting for an update!

Christie

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -