Reload this Page >

Affordable restaurants in St. John's?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 11:01 AM
Anne

I'm planning a trip to St. John's in the beginning of June and will be staying at the Westin. I've heard that the restaurants can be rather expensive. Can anyone recommend any restaurants that are very good yet reasonably priced?

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 11:13 AM
Julie

Moderately priced, good restaurants on St. John:<BR>Chilly Billy's - for breakfast & lunch<BR>Morgan's Mango - Thurs. 2 for 1 drinks <BR>Lime Inn<BR>Cafe Roma<BR><BR>Just to name a few.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 02:25 PM
Anne

Thanks Julie!

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 03:35 PM
infomonger

Watch out, Anne, you'll probably get loads of flack for calling the island, "St. John's"! It's "St. John"! NO "S" - St. JOHNS IS IN ANTIGUA!<BR><BR>Lime Inn really good, very crowded but maintains good quality - but crowded and, God Forbid that you're a smoker because - if you are - you have to wend your way to the back bar (even though the whole place is basically open). I guess they have a no-smoking policy because the tables are so jammed together.<BR><BR>If you have the time, take the ferry over to St. Thomas. Super shopping, if that's your thing. And, as far as restaurants go, a "definite"" is the Toad and Tart for the best in home-cooked food. Oh, I forgot, it's an English pub - we had the best dinner there! <BR><BR>Right off the ferry from St. John there are some good places - but not really good food.<BR>Whatever you do, you'll have a good time! <BR>

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 04:05 PM
Lisa

I'm going to differ with "infomonger". There are lots of restaurants on St John with excellent affordable food. Lime Inn as he/she said and how about Morgan's Mango and The Fish Trap, Uncle Joe's Barbecue (unbelievable inexpensive food to take back to your villa or room) Explore, head over to Coral Bay go to Skinny Legs for the best burgers you could ask for. Go to Vi's for real West Indian food, How about Sunday brunch at Miss Lucy's in Coral Bay. A jazz combo, the beach and a great brunch. Who could ask for more?

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 05:24 AM
Kate

WE loved Chilly Billy's for breakfast and lunch..I still think of the breakfast burrito and biscuits and gravy there..delicious!!!

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 09:26 AM
johns

Try Cafe Wahoo in St. John, which is by far the best resturant on the island. The sunsets are incredible from this upperlevel resturant!! Tell them that Tall Guy sent you. A friend of the establishment.<BR>

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 10:33 AM
Anne

What kind of food at Cafe Wahoo?