Reload this Page >

affordable 8 week stay suggestions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 10:22 AM
juerg

we are a swiss couple ready to spend around 8 weeks in the carribean in february/march 2002 at 2-3 different places/islands. <BR>been looking through internet sites but 8 * $3000-5000 just is out of question for us. <BR>any "real reasonable" accomodation (facility to cook and separate bedroom welcome) for maximum US$800 suggestions?

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 10:58 AM
brian

You might want to check out: <BR> <BR>http://www.travelgavel.com <BR> <BR>They have some great deals on various Caribbean locations!

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 11:26 AM
curious

Do you mean $800 per week, per the whole time? This is the most expensive time in the caribbean-high season, so you need to clarify.

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 11:30 AM
juerg

sorry for my assumptions, I mean US$800 a week.

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 12:01 PM
Lisa

The time you are requesting is high season the most expensive time of the year. Have you thought about maybe renting a timeshare? They come equipped either with kitchens or kitchenettes and may be cheaper than hotels. Try to rent from an owner who can't use their time as opposed to renting directly from the resort and you may gt a better rate.

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 12:14 PM
Mary

You can find accommodations for that price or less on just about any island, primarily during the off-season. Some are nicer than others of course and it depends on what you're looking for. Have you considered Cozumel? You can find some nice looking places with reasonable rates. Haven't been there yet but I've had this page bookmarked for quite a while. <BR> <BR> http://www.cozumeltravel.com/Links/Links_Home.htm

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 12:50 AM
tivertonhouse

Feb-Mar is high season,always in demand and higher in price. One of our beachfront cottage rental properties in Jamaica at US$635/week for two might suit your budet and fancy. Please e-mail me for complete info.

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 03:48 AM
Bill

Try Timothy Beach Resort in St. Kitts. www.timothybeachresort.com Call them direct for a quote for an 8 week stay. TBR is a condo resort on the Caribbean beach with 1 and 2 bdrm suites with full kitchens. (869)465-8597