Reload this Page >

411 ON PLAYA DEL CARMEN

Search

411 ON PLAYA DEL CARMEN

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 11:27 AM
Mike Hartsock

411 ON PLAYA DEL CARMEN

Any thoughts on recent visits to Playa del Carmen...specifically Riu Palace Mexico. Travel agent has a great deal and highly recommends. <BR>

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 03:21 AM
xxx

Our trip was not so recent (Feb 2000) and the resort had just opened but everything was spectacular! The resort is gorgeous and the service excellent. I love PdC and would highly recommend it to anyone! We have taken 2 trips since but plan to go back there in spring 2002.

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 01:02 PM
xxx

Went to Playa over New Years, but stayed at a different hotel. The area is gorgeous and Playa del C is a picturesque little town. Many reasonably priced (and some not so reasonable) restaurants in Playa - every meal was good. Recommend snorkeling at Akumal, and a visit to the ruins at Tulum.

Old Jul 8th, 2001, 09:18 PM
AA

Went to Playa Del Carmen in February. Playa del Carmen is absolutely charming ! Riu Palace is nice, however, the hotel right next door: RIU YUCATAN fits much more with the local architecture, is much more "open" and has more "air". Riu Yucatan is known for its excellent service. At Palace, I felt like I was going to sufficate...(inside). Outside is very palace like and spacious. Wonderful fountains! However, if I go again, I will definitely stay at Riu Yucatan. <BR> <BR>Although it is about 1 hr. driving through the jungle, make sure you visit Chichen Itza....famous Mayan ruins...Have a nice trip.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 03:37 AM
Karen

Don't know the hotel but the area is wonderful. Loads of history and wonderful people! Tulum is nearby with the pyramid but if you get adventursome and want to see ChichenItza, it is well worth the trip. We flew from Playa and were back early afternoon. It was fantastic and well worth the plane fare instead of the loong ride on a bus.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 09:44 AM
Mariarosa

Hi Mike! I can't comment on the Riu Palace specifically, but I will tell you that the Playa del Carmen area has beautiful beaches, the hotels are very nice, the people are friendly and there is lots to do. The Mayan ruins are magnificent - We have visited Chichen Itza, Coba, tulum, and Uxmal and loved them all. Snorkeling in Cozumel and some areas south of Playa del Carmen (near Xcaret and Akumal) is very good. Your travel agent has not led you astray by recommending Playa del Carmen.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 08:05 PM
Kristine

I am organizing a trip for 5 couples for 1/02 and have found the following site to be an excellent resource. There are a lot of reports from people who have actually been to the resorts in this area and some actually have links to pictures they took which really gives you a first hand view of the area. Good luck!! <BR> <BR>http://www.mytravelboard2.com/