30-Something's fun trip

Oct 16th, 2000, 12:22 PM
Jeanne

30-Something's fun trip

My friend and I want to go on a vacation in the Caribbean either in November or next Spring. We aren't sure where to go. We've been to Cancun and we're not interested in anyplace that crazy! We like to have fun, but let's face it, we're in our thirties, we want a somewhat mature fun vacation! We like water sports, horseback riding, swimming (of course), white sand beaches with beautiful water, some night life, hammocks under a palm tree, friendly locals, and scenic areas for sight-seeing. Moderately priced restaurants should be fine (or even all-inclusives). We don't want to be surrounded by children, or honeymooners either. Can anyone make suggestions? I've ruled out Jamaica, Mexico & the Bahamas already.
Thanks for your help!

Oct 16th, 2000, 12:43 PM
ohliz

Whoops...I was going to say Negril but I saw you ruled out Jamaica....hope you find a good place!
Liz

Oct 16th, 2000, 01:33 PM
tweedy

Jeanne, how about the Out Islands of the Bahamas, laid back, beautiful great resorts and all of the things you are looking for plus the quiet and amazing beaches.

If you want info, let me know.

tweedy

Oct 16th, 2000, 01:43 PM
jbrooks

I avoid places like Cancun, too, its way to touristy and crazy for my taste in vacations. Here are some suggestions:

1. BVI great water, snorkeling, swimming, restaurants, beach bars and steel bands make up the night life. Very charming islands! You can meet lots of yachties from all over the world...but very laid back and the locals are amazing.

2. Turks and Caicos
Similar to BVI but flat islands instead of hills.

3. Playa del carmen, mexico..south of cancun and much more laid back...but cheap! (okay, I know you ruled this out).

These are my favorites, but some others may fit the bill, I havn't been to but have heard good things about Anguilla, St Vincent, St Barts, bay islands (honduras), Grand Cayman.

Hope this helps!

Oct 16th, 2000, 04:40 PM
Lee

If you'd like moderate priced meals you'll find Anguilla to be expensive. Although the food is wonderful on this island. The island doesn't have much nightlife. Anguilla happens to be my favorite island, the locals are very friendly, and the sand is beautiful. Unfortuantely, if you're not bringing your party with you than you might find it a bit dull. Tortola is a good option or even Aruba.

Oct 16th, 2000, 06:15 PM
Vanessa

How about St. Kitts? The island is pretty laid back but still has enough to do to keep you busy if you want. We stayed at the Jack Tar Village last October and loved it.

Oct 17th, 2000, 03:45 AM
Leila

Barbados is a wonderful island. My husband (40) and I (33), enjoy its beautiful white sand beaches, friendly locals, varied restaurants and exciting nightlife.

Oct 17th, 2000, 07:48 AM
Kim

You have ruled out some of the best places?