25th Wedding Anniversary........

Old May 7th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Ike
Original Poster

25th Wedding Anniversary........

My wife and I have had 24 fantastic anniversary trips to Charleston, SC, Savannah, GA, Sea Island, GA, New Orleans, Ritz Carlton, Naples, FL, Ritz Carlton, Amelia Island, FL, Ritz Carlton, Laguna Beach, CA, Four Seasons, Costa Rica, La Samanna, St. Martin, Little Dix Bay, Virgin Gorda, Caneel Bay, St. John, Ritz Carlton, St. Thomas, Bermuda in 1990, Bermuda in 1995, One and Only Palmilla, San Jose Del Cabo, One and Only Ocean Club, Bahamas, The Ritz Carlton, Montego Bay, Cap Juluca, Anguilla, The Wauwinet, Nantucket, Ritz Carlton, Washington, DC, Inn at Blackberry Farm, Walland, TN, Inn at Perry Cabin, St. Michael's, Maryland, Keswick Hall, Charlottesville, VA, The Greenbrier, WV, Inn at Little Washington, Washington, VA, Grove Park Inn, Asheville, NC, Lake Placid Lodge and The Point, NY, The Aerie, Wickaninnish Inn, Vancouver Island, Canada, Jackson, WY, Quebec City, Canada and an Alaskan Cruise.

I need some help with the 25th in August, 2008. We are going back to One and Only Palmilla this year. My wife loves the beach, fine food, wonderful rooms and spa treatments every day. She wants to go back to Bermuda. I will post this on Caribbean message board too.

Places I would like to go are Seattle, WA, Boston, MA, Hawaii for the 3rd time, Oregon, Montreal and a mountain trip to Montana, WY and ID.

We are not interest in travel to Europe or Asia at this time. US, Canada or Caribbean. I plan to take my wife to Tuscany soon but not right now.

We will end up in Bermuda most likely.

Thanks for the help.
Old May 7th, 2007, 11:47 AM

Dear ike,
WOW! Is there anywhere you haven't been?! Thatís great youíve been able to see so many places Now how are you planning to top those! My FAVORITE place Iíve ever been and Iím not sure if youíve been there or not, is the Princeville Resort in Kauai, HI. I would definitely check that out if you havenít been there yet and if travel time and budget are not an issue. They have an amazing pool, spa treatments, beach, sunsets, food-pretty much the whole package.

http://www.princeville.com/

However, being as this is the Caribbean forum, my vote would go to Mahoe Bay villas on Virgin Gorda, although you were already in VG. Although being at a villa would require you to call in for spa services on site (which you can do).

Good luck!

Old May 7th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Ike
Original Poster

Thanks Kelly. We went to Oahu and stayed at The Halekulani, Four Seasons on Maui and Manele Bay Hotel on Lanai. My wife wants to go back to Manele Bay.

I think a villa in the Caribbean for a week would be nice. Thanks for the info. Good luck.
Old May 7th, 2007, 12:59 PM

I've been to almost all of your places! (No to Canada, Natucket, New Orleans, or Naples-but Naples this year.)

My suggestions:
My first pick would be Maldives. (Sonufushi is incredible)
Next suggestion: Either Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, or split Parrot Cay/Somerset Turks and Caicos. Spas are out of this world. Food is great (only Anguilla beats it) Beach out of this world.

Probably have a great marriage because of all the travels! ;-)

Old May 9th, 2007, 01:07 AM

Looks like you've stayed in some fantastic places, but limited close to the US. We also enjoyed Cap Juluca for our 30th anniversary. Last year for our 35th, we stayed at the Perivolas in Santorini. http://www.perivolas.gr/flash/index.html Unbelievable place on one of the great islands in Greece.