25th Anniversary Trip

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 09:52 PM
RookieTraveler

25th Anniversary Trip

Never have been anywhere exotic. Have a beautiful wife and will celebrate 25 years together next year. We would like to travel to a romantic but luxurious destination.

Is St. Barts the place? Le Toiny look great to me. Wife likes all inclusive. She is thinking Sandals Negril or St. Lucia.

Help me convince her that she will love St. Barts.

Old May 1st, 2002, 06:05 AM
Kim

Both Sandals are super choices. Email me for we have been to both. We spent our 25th at sandals St Lucia on the night of our Anniversary we did a Sunset Cruise we had a blast.Just returned from MB Sandals from our 26 th Ann.

Old May 1st, 2002, 08:02 AM
anon

I thought St. Barts was crappy. But then again I'm not partial to the French islands. Maybe she has a better idea.

Old May 1st, 2002, 12:24 PM
Adele

It seems like the first question to sort out is what kind of an experience overall are you looking for, and why does your wife like all inclusive? If it's for the freedom to try many different activities, etc. and not have to make daily decisions on where to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, than the St. Bart's experience will never be able to compete.

If you're looking for an incredibly beautiful place where every turn in the road brings a romantic view, you can enjoy each other's company in blissful solitude and you have many different options for dining, than St. Barts is the place to go. You can spend the morning on a gorgeous beach that's practically deserted, pick up some delicious sandwiches or prepared foods and a bottle of chilled wine for about 20 euros and have a romantic lunch and for dinner go as casual or as posh as you like. I haven't seen the rooms at Le Toiny, but we rented a villa essentially across the road one year and it is an elegant, private hotel.

Good luck planning, and congratulations! If you have any other St Barts questions, feel free to email me; we just got back on April 16th.

Old May 1st, 2002, 07:41 PM
Paul

They are radically different. Some people who visit Le Toiny just hate having to leave it. Although there are other guests there you'd feel like you are the only ones, in a private villa.
It is beautiful and totally absolutely relaxing, and first class all the way.
Just like the whole island!

Old May 2nd, 2002, 11:37 AM
Cherise

If you do not go to St. Barts, Galley Bay, Antigua, is as romantic as it gets and a resort for the discerning traveler. Polynesian atmosphere with exotic freeform pool and beautiful beach. Information at antigua-resorts.com. Good luck.