2 full days in Bermuda-

Feb 22nd, 2006, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

2 full days in Bermuda-

Looking to see where I should spend my second day...in St. George or The Dockyards? 4 girls in late 20's looking for shopping, good food, interesting sites, not big historians...

Thanks for your suggestions,
Karen
Feb 23rd, 2006, 05:22 PM
sp

I'd go with St. George's. It is very picturesque and quaint, with a handful of cute little shops and a few restaurants to choose from. You can go with pub-style to gourmet. Also, it's only a 10 min. bus ride to the Crystal Caves if you'd like to go there and the Swizzle Inn Pub which is favourite of tourists and locals. It's just a short walk up the hill from Grotto Bay Resort. There are interesting things to see at the Dockyard - crafts, shops and a few restaurants, but I think you'll like the east end more.
Feb 23rd, 2006, 05:50 PM

I agree St. George's would be better, there's more to see and do. Not many dining choices at the dockyards, and shopping there is nothing spectacular. There's a main building with a string of "stall" type shops, but it's like being in a mall. Dockyards are interesting, but doesn't sound like you'd really be interested in the museum there. St. George's would be a better bet.
Feb 23rd, 2006, 08:40 PM

With only two days on the island, I would definitely visit St. George.
Feb 24th, 2006, 04:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your responses!
Feb 24th, 2006, 05:42 AM

St. George is absolutely charming...and as I did last time we were there I wandered the side streets...As for shopping... Front Street has lost many of their shops, but you can take the new high speed ferry to the Dockyard. Of cours "sp" is right.. Swizzle Inn which is a bus ride away is wonderful for people watching during the day and fun, fun, fun at night and at the same time you can see the Crystal Caves and the Perfume Factory..
Feb 24th, 2006, 05:47 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again all--Parrotmom, could you help with my travel logistics in my other transportation post? A million thanks, Karen
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:49 PM

Didn't read it... we usually cruise there, but more and more planes are heading to Bermuda this year. What's the question?