Reload this Page >

1st Time to Cancun-Need Info Please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 1998, 05:58 PM
Valarie

Will be travelling to Cancun on 4/18 for the first time. Does anyone have any info on Crown Paradise Club, near Royal Solaris? Also would like info on restaurants in town. I've heard read alot about Captain's Cove. Does anyone have any opinions on this restaurant? Any comments and advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old Apr 3rd, 1998, 07:20 AM
Jean E. Bowers

I have been to Cancun twice. Both times I have had breakfast at Captains Cove. The food is very, very good and a super value. You can sit outside at an umbrella table and watch the activity on the logoon. I have stayed at the Continental Villas and the Westin. Go to Planet Hollywood for dinner and check out all the movie stuff. Food is very good and not expensive. Tony Romas at Continental Villas for lunch on the patio. They have a fabulous chicken salad. The Hard Rock Cafe has good food, but the music is deafening. There are lots and lots of restaurants in all price ranges here. At the airport on you way in pick up a what to do in Cancun book. It will have a discount card good for food and drink. It will also name most of the restaurants and bars and what there is to do in the area. Enjoy!!

Old Apr 9th, 1998, 12:53 AM
Heidi

I just got back from Cancun 2 weeks ago, and had a good time. Although I don't think I'd go back during March, since it is spring break. I ate at Captain's Cove once for dinner, and paid about 250 pesos for a small steak and 6oz lobster tail, with a shrimp cocktail appetizer. It was the best meal I had while I was there. I found it very expensive everywhere in Cancun, but I am also Canadian. We spent 3 nights at Carlos and Charlies, and had a great time; all the big discos were packed with College kids, so we never made it to any of them. If you go to any of the markets to barter, make sure you go to the Kukulcan Plaza Mall first to check out the prices there, so you know what you want to pay. The merchants were asking insane prices for everything, but I managed to get most for what I wanted to pay. Also visit Plaza la Fiesta while your there, they had reasonable prices for a lot of stuff too. We never got to swim in the ocean, there were black flags everyday while we were there at the Solymar Hotel, on the ocean side. If you have anymore questions, just email me, and I'll see if I can help.

Heidi

Old Apr 26th, 1998, 09:59 AM
Patty

Hi, Heidi,
Going to Cancun in June for the lst time. Am
confused about the pecos/dollar thing. Did you
convert your money. Some of the others on the
internet say to charge and the conversion rate is
lower. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank
you.

Old Apr 28th, 1998, 06:27 PM
Sandy

Just got back from Cancun. The current exchange rate for the US currency is about 8.5 pesos to the dollar. For Canadian currency, it is about 5.5 pesos to the dollar. (ouch) If your dinner costs 85 pesos, it would be about 10 bucks. Most of the time it is better to use a credit card since your credit card company is supposed to give you the best rate available. The bus ride is 4 pesos now.(about 50 cents) Have fun! Cancun is great!