Xmas in Vancouver

Old Jun 10th, 1999, 01:07 PM
alan

Xmas in Vancouver

Our family including a six year old is considering spending Christmas in Vancouver. We wanted our son to experience snow, so we thought of going up to Grouse(sp?)Mountain, with city hotels, restaurants and shopping nearby. How is Vancouver at Christmas? Are there any special church services on the Eve or Day? Places servicng traditional dinners? Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old Jun 17th, 1999, 07:14 PM
bross

I was born and raised in Vancouver but moved 15 years ago. I go there often. I am not sure about hotels and homey stuff during the xmas season. I could suggfest some hotels but I would need to know what kind of hotel you are looking for and in what area. I do know that it would be very very rare if Vancovuer had any snow in the city. You are right wyou will find snow up Grouse Mtn, Seymour Mtn. and Cypress bowl. If you are a skier try Whistler Village north of Vancouver but I would imagine it is booked up. Stanley Park childrens train is a must see at Christmas time. The festival of light at the Van Dusen gardens as well.The Pan Pacific Hotel has a beautiful xmas display. If you are lucky you maight be able to get tickets to the Christmas Carol ships. Call the Van Visitors bureau and inquire. I sent another message to someone a while ago with the website I try and find it again and send it to you.
Churchs mmm... what denomination? There are many large old churches in the downtown core.Again the visitors bureau would know what the traditional activities of churches are in the area. I know there are usually concerts, and some are geared to kids. You can also stay in North or West Vancouver and still be close to downtown. Heritage Village in Burnaby has a very old fashioned Christmas. Day trips or quick overnightr trips to Victoria would be great as it has a more British flavour.

Old Jun 17th, 1999, 07:17 PM
bross

try this web site

http://www.tourism-vancouver.org
official home page of Vancouver Tourism

Old Jun 17th, 1999, 07:26 PM
bross

also try the B.C. Web home page lots of information about current events. You may want to check this site out closer to the time you leave This is our service providers home page in B.C.
http://www.mybc.com/

Old Jun 18th, 1999, 04:03 PM
alan

Bross, appreciate your suggestions. Will do further research at the 2 web sites you mentioned. Thanks.