Whistler Timeshare

Aug 13th, 2001, 07:29 PM
Paul

Whistler Timeshare

I am considering buying a winter timeshare at Whistler. Does anyone have good or bad experiences they would like to share? Also, with the current favorable exchange rate (I'm American) does that help me value-wise? Finally, how well do Whistler timeshares do for trading? Thanks!
Paul

Aug 13th, 2001, 10:55 PM
Lou

Paul,
You might want to try posting your question at the Timeshare Users Group. They also have lots of useful information about buying, exchanging, as well as resort reviews.

Their URL is http://www.tug2.net

Otherwise, we have done an exchange to Whistler (early December) and were very happy with it. From what I understand, Whistler is in high demand for trading, particularly during the winter and early spring, so you would have good trading power.

Aug 17th, 2001, 11:14 AM
Paul

Thanks! Good site. Just wondering if anyone else here has stayed at timeshares there.

Aug 19th, 2001, 09:06 AM
Lou

There are a number of different timeshares in Whistler - some right in the middle of the village (noisy, but in the middle of the nightlife, etc.) some outside the village, (but still close to mountains, lifts, etc), some in between. Which timeshares were you thinking about?

We stayed at the Delta Mountainside Lodge which is on the fringe of the village. Very nice, quiet, conveniently close to village shopping and restaurants, and also close to lifts for both mountains. The 1BR we stayed in had a full kitchen, sunken living room, 2 baths, 2 fireplaces, 2 TV's, (living room & bedroom), VCR & CD player. There was a huge, jacuzzi-soaker tub IN the bedroom great for the evening (enjoy a bottle of wine with fireplace on). The building is smaller than other timeshares we've stayed at, but in a good way - more intimate, staff at front desk get to know you right away.

We also took a timeshare presentation at Intrawest. It is VERY IMPRESSIVE. Beautiful units and amenities. A little further away, and towards Blackcomb Mtn (Whistler Resort is made up of 2 mountains: Blackcomb & Whistler). We almost bought a 1 BR there.

Hope this helps.

Aug 19th, 2001, 07:41 PM
paul

Thanks for the ideas. I've heard great things about Intrawest (except for the price).
Paul