Reload this Page >

Whistler Summer Holiday

Search

Whistler Summer Holiday

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 04:37 AM
Gerda

Whistler Summer Holiday

We (two adults & two teenage boys) are planning a holiday in Whistler next July. We would be grateful if anyone can help us with the following info: <BR>1. Accommodation to sleep four with views, near activities & eating places, hotel or condo? <BR>2. Good eating places - steak houses? <BR>3. Best activities available in summer & walks (not too strenuous!) in the area <BR>4. Best places to visit within about two hours' drive of Whistler. <BR>Thank you for any help. <BR>Gerda <BR>

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 09:25 AM
Robyn

There are dozens upon dozens of world class restaurants in Whistler, so your choices aren't limited. I haven't been there in a while, so I can't comment on any restaurants, but I'm sure others can. <BR> <BR>Take the gondola up to the top of Whistler mountain. There are many easy walking trails a family can do. Many lead to small lakes and lookout points. <BR>There are also many large lakes surrounding Whistler Village - one slightly north of Blackcomb - I forget the name of it (perhaps someone else knows what I'm talking about?) A stream feeds into the lake. It has a beautiful beach on one side, and many trails which create a perimeter around the lake. <BR> <BR>There are many places to explore within a 2 hour drive of Whistler, but the only places I know are between the 2 hour drive from Vancouver to Whistler. If you can, drive into Horseshoe Bay. Spend some time at the Harbour (the Boathouse is a good waterfront seafood restaurant on the pier). But the best part about Horseshoe Bay is Whitecliff Park, on the far west side. This is probably the most scenic cliff-side parks. The park is situated uptop a cliff, with Bowen Island across the inlet. The trees, the water, the islands, the ferries going to Bowen Island, and the beach is beautiful. This are is also the first marine sanctuary park in the Georgia Straight. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps a bit!

Old Sep 23rd, 2000, 01:35 PM
Dave Hutchinson

Whistler...What a wonderful place. My wife and I just returned from Whistler and British Columbia in early August. We stayed at the Delta Whistler resort and loved it. We had friends that stayed at the Delta Whistler Suites. They had a family of four and found the Suites quite accomodating. Please check out my photos of Whistler, Victoria and Vancouver at my website CrazyAboutTravel.com <BR> <BR>Have fun!

Old Nov 12th, 2000, 07:45 PM
Sal

We stayed at the Delta Whistler Suites last summer and loved it. It's in the middle of everything. Our family did a guided ATV tour and it was a blast--your boys would probably love it.

Old Dec 1st, 2000, 06:16 PM
Kay

We were there with a group a couple of summers ago. We rented bicycles for the flat trail around the valley--everyone could do. Some of us did the lift up-mountain bike down trip. My husband and I didn't like the experience because all you do is stand on your bike and brake all the way down over a rocky trail. Your teenage boys might like it, but one person from each of our groups that went fell and got pretty scraped up. I would have preferred hiking so I could look at the beautiful scenery rather than the trail. We also took a rafting trip, but the water was low and very tame. Others in the group went fly fishing and took a jet boat up the river. One couple found a railroad nearby that took them into a valley where farmers grow citrus. They saw lots of wildlife. We wish we had been with them. The golfers loved the courses in the valley.

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 11:23 AM
Liz

Try Quattro for a dinner that you won't soon forget! We were there during the Christmas holidays and it was amazing! They also have a location in Vancouver as well. It's Italian food and the atmosphere is great! I'm going back in a few weeks, I can't wait! <BR>Have fun, Whistler is great year round.