Whistler for christmas

May 28th, 2019, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

Whistler for christmas

We are just starting a planning process for our Christmas break. Whistler is on the list of destinations. We are a family of 4 (2 boys: 13 and 3 years old in December, plus mom (45, not a skier) and dad (48, snowboarder and skier). The getaway is to not spend all Christmas break indoors as we usually do. Both boys are skiers. Where is a good place to investigate best places to stay? I've done research on Trip Advisor, but I am looking for more of Fodorites' input due to your discerning tastes. The budget is $500/night and we would stay 5-7 nights, depending on what's there.
I see condos near the ski lifts. Is that the best way to go? Thanks all!
May 28th, 2019, 09:55 PM

We stayed at the Pan Pacific Hotel in the village a few years back over Christmas. Great location across the square from the lifts and an easy walk everywhere in the village. There was a rental shop for gear in the hotel for pickups and drop off. Laundry room with washers and dryers was on the 2nd floor if I recall correctly.

We had a studio suite with a kitchenette, queen and murphy bed and fireplace. It was fine for the 3 of us, maybe a tad small for your family. One bedrooms are available and with the favorable exchange rate perhaps doable (assuming you are non-Canadian). There is a pool and hot tub for after skiing and the Irish pub in the hotel served good pub grub and beer.
Jun 7th, 2019, 06:02 PM
Original Poster

Thank you!