Whistler Accomodations

Old Nov 13th, 1998, 11:42 AM
Reed Edwards

Whistler Accomodations

My finace and I are contemplating Whistler for our honeymoon in late February. We were told that the Chateau Whistler was a great hotel, but I read somewhere that it was not real convenient to Whistler Mtn or Whistler Village. Does anyone have any info on this? Does anyone know of any other great places to stay? (I think we would probably prefer a full service hotel or similar set-up)

Thanks,

Reed Edwards

Old Nov 26th, 1998, 03:44 PM
Denise

Reed,
The Chateau Whistler is very nice. It is located at the base of Blackcomb Mountain. But it is expensive. You may went to try the Crystal Lodge Suites or the Whistler Village Inn & Suites. Both are very nice and located
right in the village!

Denise Blackmore
Cruise Consultant (& Vancouverite)
http://www.cruisealaska.com

Old Dec 1st, 1998, 11:38 PM
Terry

The "Chateau" is about as nice as it gets, and the price reflects it. But if you've got US bucks, it becomes an easier decision (check out the latest exchange rates). Personally speaking, I'd make a honeymoon as memorable as possible, with expectations of high levels of service, comfort and overall pampering...and the Chateau delivers. All the amenities, with easy access to Whistler & Blackcomb mountains and the village.

http://accommodationsbc.com/chateauwhistler.htm

Regards,
Terry (a Whistler native)

Old Dec 8th, 1998, 07:39 PM
Jim

The Chateau is a beautiful place and on a honeymoon well worth the expense. It is a nice five minute walk from the Chateau to the Whistler gondola and Whistler Village.

We have stayed at the Whistler Village Inn and Suites. We had a nice room just down the hall from the jacuzzi but the little feet running on the floor above us was unpleasant. If you book there, i would suggest a loft suite. Have fun and congratulations!

Jim (So. California)

Old Jan 12th, 1999, 11:06 AM

Old Jan 18th, 1999, 04:23 PM
Gman

I agree that Chateau Whistler is probably your best choice among full-service hotels at Whistler. The actual distance to the village isn't that far, but especially since it is your honeymoon CW is a good choice.

Congrats.