Reload this Page >

Where Would YOU Stay again?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 09:50 AM
Sherrie

Hi Everyone: <BR>There will be six of us traveling in July to Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, Calgary. Family vacation...two adults - two adult children - two teenage grandsons. Where would you recommend besides the Silver Springs in Banff and the Post Hotel in Lake Louise? We would like a moderate price zone. Need 2 rooms. Thanks. Been planning this for 1 year....can't wait to see the beautiful area. <BR>Appreciate any help with lodging. Right now we are considering High Country Inn in Banff, Pyramid Lake Resort in Jasper, Mountaire Lodge at Lake Louise. Any comments or suggestions? Many thanks for your help.

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 10:03 AM
Sherrie

I tried to post this message onto the Alberta site, but it keeps coming out under the Canada site. Also sent another mesg. regarding the same thing but I saw that it also came out in the "Canada" area rather than the Alberta area. Clicked on Alberta..so I don't know why it keeps posting my messages in the wrong area. Sorry about that..all of you in Alberta. I tried again and this came out in Canada area also.

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 11:36 AM
herself

Sherrie, <BR>We stayed at the Alpine Village in Jasper, a 2 bedroom cabin cost us $210.00CAN for three nights. The place is within walking distance of the Town of Jasper. Nice location for day trips. Have fun, it is a beautiful area.

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 12:20 PM
Bob Brown

Seems like we meet again on this subject. <BR>I like Jasper House Bungalows in Jasper because some of the units are small apartments, with kitchen corners and a dining area. <BR>We had a unit once that slept 4. I do not know if there is a larger unit. <BR>Also, Jasper House is very popular with the tour buses. So it fill up quickly. <BR> <BR>Beckers Roaring River has units up to 4 bedrooms! I have not stayed there mainly because I could not get a reservation. One good thing about the kitchen, you can put food in the refrigerator to keep the teenagers fed. <BR>They need feeding about every 4 hours, like when they were in diapers. <BR>(Which is something I am sure you know full well.) <BR> <BR>Both Jasper House and Beckers are on the banks of the Athabasca River. We could see the people on raft trips going by. <BR>Everybody seemed to be having a good time!!

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 07:10 AM
Sherrie

Hello Traveling Guru's: <BR> <BR>Thanks for your answers to my question. I've been waiting for someone who has actually stayed at the Pyramid Lake Resort to reply because we do have reservations there. However, I haven't heard from anyone except last year when I started planning this trip and Alistaire Bear recommended it. She use to write answers for people on this site but I haven't seen anything coming in from her lately. We have reserved the executive loft at the Pyramid Lake Resort which sleeps 8 and we are 6. It also has a kitchen set-up Bob for the teenagers. Everyone keeps talking about the Becker Chalets. Has anyone ever even seen the Pyramid Lake Resort and is it near or far from the excitement in Jasper? I think it is situated on the Pyramid Lake (which makes sense). How far is Pyramid Lake from the Athabasca River? I think the Pyramid Lake is suppose to be a peaceful area, but I don't want it "dead" for the teenagers sake. <BR> <BR>Thanks again, for any help. We have been looking forward to this trip for 1 year. We used frequent flyer miles for two of the tickets and a senior fare for one of the tickets, so we had to book them 1 year in advance. I pray the weather holds out and its not too rainy in July. <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 09:33 AM
Jim Rosenberg

The weather wouldn't DARE be bad! We enjoyed the Mount Robson Inn in Jasper. You can check it out at: <BR> <BR>http://www.mountrobsoninn.com <BR> <BR>You can also view a travel journal I've posted on a Calgary-Edmonton-Canadian Rockies circle tour at: <BR> <BR>http://www.igougo.com/planning/viewJ...JournalID=1997 <BR> <BR>It's not the be-all and end-all of travel advice, but simply lists some things from our trip. You may find others have helpful info in this site too. It's a great trip you have planned!

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 11:41 AM
sherrie

Thanks Jim for your trouble. I did check out that site you recommended. It was interesting. I never heard of Northwest Zone tickets? I still have to purchase 2 more tickets for my daughter and grandson arriving from Orange County CA. I'll look into NW zone tickets. Thanks for the info!