Where to go in canada

Jun 27th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

Where to go in canada

I am trying to plan a trip to Canada this August with my mother and I have no idea where to go/stay? I am not sure what the weather is like in august, but we are wanting somewhere relaxing and beautiful, maybe with a spa? With a fun nightlife? Help!!
Jun 27th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

2 of us my mom is 49 and I am 26. Budget is md-high. Shopping/spa-relaxing/maybe some historical sites. 4 star hotel. I have heard of Banff (sp?) and seen pictures and I like that, but I am not sure where to stay there or if there is any place better?
Jun 27th, 2005, 11:38 AM

Quebec City is really lovely, and very European. THE place to stay, is of course, the Chateau Frontenac. There is also a lovely Lowes just outside the old town, but I'd consider that more of a business hotel.

You could also investigate the Mt. Tremalant area.

Jun 27th, 2005, 11:45 AM

ooops - that "a" should be a "b"
Mt. Tremblant
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:11 PM

Once again we have been presented with a question that implies there is an easy answer to where to go in the second largest country in the world with more varied places to visit than 98% of all the other countries in the world.

The first question is where are you coming from and how far afield do you want to go? i.e. if you are from the Eastern US then perhaps you're not prepared for the long and costly trip to the other side of the continent and vice-versa.

You mentioned Banff which is in the west and very beautiful and tourist friendly. There are some excellant spas and pretty decent night life. On the other hand Whistler BC, while not quite as beautiful is a very sophisticated 'jet-set' type of place with the added bonus of being little more than a two hour drive from Vancouver one of the most cosmopolitan and easily the most beautiful city in North America. The weather in August is usually quite warm but rarely insufferably hot.

Dreamer 2 did outline one of the more interesting parts of Eastern Canada. Mont Tremblant is a world renowned resort and Quebec City will give you an experiance unlike any other in North America. Montreal is arguably Canada's most cosmopolitan city and should be included in any visit to that part of the country. August can be quite hot - especially in Montreal while Quebec and definately Mont Tremblant are usually cooler.

Those are probably the best areas in Western & Eastern Canada to fit what you seem to be looking for. However there is much, much more.