Where to go: Eastern Canada Road Trip

Jul 18th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

Where to go: Eastern Canada Road Trip

For our family vacation this summer we are planning on going to Toronto, Ottowa, Montreal, Quebec City and from there we would like to go to New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia.

Where in NB, PEI, and NS should we go and what would be the best route from Quebec City? Also, we will be returning home through Boston, then Rhode Island and home to Illinois
Jul 18th, 2004, 01:33 PM

I see you are asking basically the same question in another post, without the specific destinations mentioned here.
Does that mean you are dropping Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City?
Also, what are the interests of the people travelling? What are you interested in seeing?
Are you driving? (looks as if you are)
You seem to want to fit in an awful lot. How long do you have for the trip?
Jul 19th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

There are so many places that we would like to go (still including Toronto, Ottowa, Montreal and Quebec) but we only have two weeks. From Quebec, we want to make our way over to New Brunswick, PEI and Nova Scotia then loop back around through Portland to Boston to Rhode Island and back to Illinois. We are driving- so travel time is a huge consideration. We all love to travel and are always on-the-go - we want to see as much as possible. But realistically, we do not have a whole lot of time, so I need to figure out the most scenic yet efficient route and coolest places- we are leaving Saturday
Jul 19th, 2004, 05:21 PM

If you are driving from Illinios to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City and truly want to stop the car long enough to see these cities, I'm afraid you are biting off way way too much. Even if you only spent 2 days in each of these cities, plus one each enroute between Toronto and Ottawa and then between Montreal and Quebec, it would then be time to head south from Quebec City into the States and head for home.
I'd suggest leaving the Maritime Provinces for another trip. Unless you are only planning on waving your hat as you pass by the above cities.
WHy don't you look for 'cool' things between these cities instead of travelling further afield.
Good luck.
Jul 19th, 2004, 05:50 PM

I agree with kodi. Even just ending the trip at Quebec City you will be skimming the surface of what there is to enjoy in each city.

Jerry