WHERE HAS BIRCH GLEN RESORT GONE

Oct 14th, 2007, 06:11 AM
Original Poster

WHERE HAS BIRCH GLEN RESORT GONE

Hello i visited Ontario quite a few years ago and have little to go on to find a lovely resort we stayed at originally called the Birch Glen resort. I would like to return and do know it has changed its name. We got the greyhound bus from toronto and i am sure it is around the bracebridge area.
Oct 16th, 2007, 04:45 AM

Hi - the name rings a bell although I never stayed there. You might try the Resorts of Ontario website and do a search in their "Central Ontario" section to see if anything described sounds familiar:
http://www.resortsofontario.com/home.php
If nothing else, it might give you a few new ideas. They have a printed booklet they can also send - links on their website.
Otherwise, do a Google search to get in touch with the Bracebridge Chamber of Commerce and/or Muskoka Tourism (that whole lake region is known as the Muskoka district). If you phone these, someone might remember the resort.
If you find it - post and let us know! I'm always looking for recommendations on new resorts to try in Ontario.
Oct 16th, 2007, 05:33 AM
LJ

This was in Baysville-I was there once many years ago, for a family wedding. It is still listed at the website below, but you will note that they haven't updated since 2005 so maybe not in business anymore.
http://www.canadianrooms.com/mem/3418.htm
Oct 16th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

many thanks for your investigations and help. i have e-mailed Birch Cliff Lodge it looks very similar and will keep you posted if that is its new name. thanks again janet
Feb 17th, 2008, 10:04 AM

Birch Glen Resort no longer exists. I has been torn down and replaced with time share condo's. I believe it is now called "Landscapes