what is there to do in Toronto?

Jun 7th, 2001, 02:33 AM
Nikki

what is there to do in Toronto?

I am visting my sister in Toronto at the end of July with my parents. As she will be working she won't have that much time to show us around so can anyone give me any good ideas of what to do for the couple of weeks? Also what is the best way to get to Niagara Falls for the day without having to hire a car? Thanks for any help I get.

Jun 7th, 2001, 03:10 AM
x

Nikki, you need to do some research on this board. You'll get lots of ideas, then you can ask about specifics!

Jun 7th, 2001, 04:46 AM
Susan

Nikki, there's been lots posted on Toronto over the last few weeks - if you do a quick search or even just scroll down, you'll find lots of ideas. Also, what area of Toronto will you be staying in? That would help us with more specific recommendations.

Jun 7th, 2001, 08:41 PM
Brian Kilgore

Go into one of the big hotels, andyou'll find a rack with lots of tourist brochures, including those for several tour companies that go to Niagara Falls. That will solve that problem.

You might think about what your favoorite things are, or what your favorite hobbies are, and then try to find what Toronto has tied to these specific interests. We've got a shoe museum, a textile museum and a ceramics museum, which would keep some people busy for a day or two.

If you're a photographer or painter, you could spend a few days creating pictures of the city, and spend a few days before that trying to figuere out what to photograph or paint.

A good way to kill several hours is to ride the Queen Street streetcar from one ond of the line to the other, and back. You'll see a great cross-section of the city.

The CITY-TV station has several live shows during the day; maybe you can get tickets and sit in the audience. And thestation's in an interesting neighborhood.

BAK
BAK

Jun 12th, 2001, 06:24 AM
Andrew

Toronto is all about communities and neighbourhoods. The more time you have, the more of them you can see. College St. (Italian), Danforth (Greek), Queen St. West (funky), Beaches, Annex (Bloor and Spadina), St. Lawrence Market area (Front and Jarvis) and Yorkville are all areas worth visiting. The best thing to do in Toronto is wander, and enjoy the different neighbourhoods. I also recommend Yonge and Eglinton area, though tourists seldom go there. It's considered "midtown" and is very lively during the summer, entirely with residents not tourists, which makes it a great place to sit back and watch Toronto happen.

You won't need a car in the city. Everything is fairly easily accessible by public transit.

Lots of sites also, including museums, harbourfront, art gallery, CN Tower, etc. And lots of opportunities for day trips to places like Niagara Falls, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Stratford, Muskoka, etc.

A little planning and you won't be bored.