Search

Whale watching July/August

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2022, 03:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whale watching July/August

HI all
Please forgive me if its the wrong place to post but after 3 blanks on whale watching trips im after some advice. I understand they are mammals and not tame but could anyone give any pointers of the best places to see Whales in Canada in July/August time please? Need to be that time of year as I work in education so fits in with the school holidays in the uk. Any advice would be great.
Many thanks
Andy
Old Aug 21st, 2022, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by AndyWilcock
HI all
Please forgive me if its the wrong place to post but after 3 blanks on whale watching trips im after some advice. I understand they are mammals and not tame but could anyone give any pointers of the best places to see Whales in Canada in July/August time please? Need to be that time of year as I work in education so fits in with the school holidays in the uk. Any advice would be great.
Many thanks
Andy
Hi Andy!
There are several places to see whales in Canada in July and August. The west coast, the east coast… you have many options. Newfoundland is a sure thing for whales- you can often see them from the shore and there are many whale watching excursions. O’Briens out of Bay Bulls just south of St Johns or Sea of Whales or Trinity Eco Tours out of Trinity. A google search will lead you to many others but to get you started take a look here:
https://seaofwhales.com/
https://trinityecotours.com/
https://www.obriensboattours.com/

Also, there is a current thread on the Canada forum where whale watching was discussed, might have some info for you (look at post 12 and 13):
3 weeks roadtrip from Toronto to Halifax

I see you’re from the UK- might even be some opportunities closer to home. What about researching the Azores?

Happy researching,
T
Old Aug 22nd, 2022, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

HI Trycke
Thats really useful thank you.
Admittedly I've also posted the same question in USA, Mid America and Europe so can get some good ideas based on experience.
Thanks again for your input, really appreciated
Andy
Old Aug 26th, 2022, 01:06 PM

If you want to see killer whales we did an incredible trip out of Telegraph Cove on Vancouver Island in August several years back. Captain found two separate pods in coves cutting the engines and the whales swam around and under us for quite some time in both places.
Old Aug 29th, 2022, 07:58 AM

Victoria on Vancouver Island is quite relible in July and August for both orcas and humpbacks. Eagle Wing is the reputable operator.