Search

VICTORIAVILLE

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2001, 12:42 PM
M. Le Van

VICTORIAVILLE

What are the best options for traveling from Toronto to Victoriaville without renting a car? I'll be staying in Victoriaville for five days. Anything of interest in the area? Thanks.

Old May 9th, 2001, 08:35 AM
Ross

Do you mean Victoriaville, Quebec?

Old May 9th, 2001, 10:07 AM
M. Le Van

Yes, Victoriaville, Quebec.

Old May 9th, 2001, 01:29 PM
Daniel williams

Getting from Toronto to Victoriaville should definitely be do-able without renting a car. You have a number of options: Toronto-Montreal leg can be done on VIA Rail (fastest) or alternatively by Allo Stop (carpooling service, probably the cheapest way to go) or by bus. For the second leg, I'm almost positive there is a Voyageur (may be run by another company) bus that goes from Montreal to Victoriaville. I only know Victoriaville is home to a festival (performing arts of some sort); other than that I can't tell you much. <BR> <BR>DAN

Old May 12th, 2001, 11:45 AM
Daniel Williams

OK I'm afraid I'm going to have to eat my words a little bit here. I was a little over-confident about the bus option. <BR> <BR>Orléans Express (www.orleansexpress.com) is the name of the bus line that runs most intercity/town buses throughout Québec. (Used to be Voyageur that ran this; now Voyageur just goes from Montreal-Ottawa & Kingston & Dorval Airport.) However, while looking for tickets to Québec from Montréal, I noticed that Orléans Express does not go directly to Victoriaville; the closest place I saw that Orleans goes to is Drummondville (20 miles away?). Possibly you could call Orleans Express and ask if there's any better options. <BR> <BR>Best of luck to you. Maybe going Allo Stop (carpooling service) from Montreal might work.