Reload this Page >

Victoria -Which hotel

Search

Victoria -Which hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 07:34 AM
Jean Curtin

Victoria -Which hotel

If you needed a room for 4 adults and had a choice, would you stay at the Chateau Victoria or the Victoria Harbour Towers? Any other hotel suggestions for Victoria and a party of 4?

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 10:34 AM
Lisa

I booked a room for this week at the Royal Scot Suites Hotel. It's 1 block from the inner harbour, and I got several recommendations from folks on this forum for it. You can get a one or two-bedroom suite (we paid $129 CDN for a one-bedroom suite). I don't have any personal experience yet since we haven't actually stayed there yet, but I thought I'd share. We'll be back next weekend, and I'll let you know how it was.

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 01:02 PM
girl

honey if there is only one place to stay it is the emperess(by the parliment building)it is pricy but elegent

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 02:40 PM
gary

For years my wife and I stayed at the Empress whenever we went to Victoria because she loved the atmosphere and I liked the fact that you could ditch the car and not usually need it again till you left. <BR>Then one day I saw a great deal for a one bedroom suite at the Chateau with the Entertainment coupon and decided to try it. We've never stayed anywhere else since. The suites are two seperate rooms - the living room about 2 1/2 times the size of the bedroom with a kitchenette, dining area, pull out bed and balcony. As long as the 4 adults don't mind sharing the one bathroom, (which is independent of either the bedroom or living room), I think it will be fine. <BR>The only problem with the Chateau is what they laughingly call their exercise room. Before they put that micky mouse room in you got complimentary passes to the Y around the corner which was great. Also about half the suites are not air-conditioned which can be a problem on warm days. <BR>Still for location and value the Chateau Victoria is way better than the Empress and you can still walk the half block to it and soak up the charm, enjoy the outrageously priced Afternoon Tea and then go back to twice the suite at half the price.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 03:03 PM
amanda

I would stay at the Abigail Hotel, it is a bed and breakfast, walking distance to town and splendid! <BR> <BR>Breakfast is full and made in front of you by a gourmet chef... our menu one morning <BR> <BR>Fresh sliced fruits with a mint sprig <BR>Homemade piping hit croissants and scones <BR>Choice of Lemmon-poppyseed pancakes or <BR>a herb and fresh vegetables frittatta <BR>Hot coffee tea <BR>fresh orange juice or cranberry orange juice <BR> <BR>Lovely candles and fresh flowers in every room <BR> <BR>another day for breakfast we had Chocolate waffles as a choice! Wonderful! <BR> <BR>Need I say more? <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>