Reload this Page >

Vancouver luxury hotels?

Search

Vancouver luxury hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 07:09 PM
Grerg

Vancouver luxury hotels?

Hi, <BR> <BR>I am looking for a recommendation on "the" luxury hotel for Vancouver. Suggestions? While I am not talking about booking the top suite in the hotel, cost isn't an object. <BR> <BR>Thanks,

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 08:55 PM
Robyn

Then look for a room at the Pan Pacific Hotel. <BR> <BR>http://www.panpac.com/canada/vancouv...els/hotel.html

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 07:03 AM
gary

Vancouver has three 5 star hotels including the Pan Pacific. It's probably the best located for views being on top of the convention centre and Cruise ship terminal but the Four Seasons cannot be beat for world renowned service and the Sutton Place is a classic European Style luxery hotel. There are a whole slew of four star hotels which some people think are just as good or better than the above but if you are looking for the best according to the experts pick one of the three five star ones.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 08:17 AM
Jonathan

I think that Gary is referring not to 5 star hotels, but AAA 5 Diamond hotels. Not all hotels which would be considered 5 stars qualify for 5 diamonds. There are other 5 star hotels in Vancouver including the recently renovated and beautiful Westin Bayshore which is very close to Stanley Park, The Wedgewood which has wonderful service and the Hyatt. A very good boutique hotel is the Sheraton Suites Le Soleil hotel.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 08:52 AM
sheri

I've stayed at all of the hotels mentioned and for my money, I prefer the Sutton Place, with the Four Seasons a close second. The view from the Pan Pacific was great, but the service was definitely not on the same level with either of those places, and you could hear *everything* from the adjoining rooms and hallway. <BR> <BR>If you like B&B inns, you might look into the newest suite at the English Bay Inn, near Stanley Park. It's absolutely gorgeous.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 09:02 AM
Cindy

I'd vote for the Wedgewood. It's a small hotel, very European in some ways, and the food in the dining room is incredible. The rooms are spacious; ask for one with a view on to Hornby Street. If the dining-room still serves orange-poppyseed slices for breakfast, do have some. I tried to get the recipe once (not the thing to do in that sort of hotel). I think it's a wonderful place.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 06:34 PM
Rita

I'll toss a coin into the pot for the Sutton Hotel. The Sutton (which used to be a Meridian and has maintained most of the staff) has the feel of a small hotel but it is big and centrally located just off of Robson Street. The food is great and the service wonderful. I'd certainly give it a try. <BR> <BR>The Pan Pacific is in a nice location but frankly it feels like you are entering a rail terminal when you step inside (big and impersonal). I hate hotels where you do not have to pass anyone to get to the elevators and the Pan Pacific is like this.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 08:55 PM
Bonnie

The Four Seasons is a beautiful hotel. When we stayed there we loved the location (attached to Pacific Centre) and the fact that they provided limousine service anywhere downtown so we didn't have to take our car out to go for dinner. By the way when you go, make sure you go to Seasons Restaurant in Queen Elizabeth Park for lunch or dinner.

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 09:17 AM
Marilyn Rice Davies

I have to recommend the Metropolitan, across Howe Street from the Four Seasons. The lobby isn't overly ostentatious, but the rooms are much larger and just as luxerious as the Four Seasons, and the Pan Pacific and about the same as the Sutton. The staff are great and the restaurant, Diva's at the Met, is very good. Another testimonial is that while I was checking out, the first time I stayed there, Pierre Trudeau was checking in. That would have been around 1996 I think. I've stayed there several times since and it is just as good. <BR>The fact that it is less expensive than the others is a plus as well. <BR>Mandy

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 10:19 AM
gary

The reason the rooms at the Metropolitan are so great is because it was built in 1986 as a Mandarin but they found themselves in too competative an ultra-luxery market and sold out. Consequently the rooms and the Health club are among the very best but the class and quality of service is not up to Four Seasons or five diamond standards.