Reload this Page >

Vancouver in Late Feb/Early Mar

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 10:21 AM
Cathy

We will be flying into Vancouver in late Feb next year.We need to find out the best way to get to Banff? <BR>Is there a train? <BR>Any advice gratefully accepted <BR>Many thanks

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 11:00 AM
Sterling

Rocky Mountaineer offers two day train trips between Vancouver and Banff, however the 1st eastbound train this years leaves 17 April, they have winter trips but they are in December. Via Rail goes to Jasper from Vancouver approx 3 times a week. I guess for that time of year the bus or rent a car but the drop charges may be probhibitive. <BR>

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 11:23 AM
dnorrie

If you want to save time, check out Westjet to Calgary and then you could rent a car there. I took the train (albeit years ago) and found it a bit uncomfortable. Westjet to Calgary is about a 2 1/2 hour flight (max) and I believe the prices are quite reasonable but it is an economy airline so there are no luxuries. YYC has all the international car rental agencies on site and you can look them up on the net and pre-book. The drive from Calgary to Banff is quite short and you then could stop along the way and enjoy the sights. Have fun.

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 05:19 PM
Robyn

I would assume that a flight from Vancouver to Calgary via WestJet would only take a little over one hour. I've flown from Vancouver to Edmonton a few times already, and that only takes an hour and 15 minutes.

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 07:43 AM
dnorrie

You are probably right about times Robyn. It has been a while since I flew from Calgary to Vancouver/Victoria - I know it is not a long flight so West Jet is probably the best bet. Certainly cheaper than Air Canada but with no frills. For such a short flight, it really doesn't matter.