Vancouver for 7 hours

Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 03:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vancouver for 7 hours

We disembark from our Alaskan cruise around noon in Vancouver, and don't leave for Ft. Lauderdale until 7:30 that night. Any suggestions on what to do for 7 hours and what to do with our luggage???
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 07:09 AM

laslaff

Does your plane depart at 7:30 or do you need to arrive at the airport at 7:30? If it departs, you have to checkin 2 hours before your flight, so you're down to 5 1/2 hours.

You'll also have to factor in travelling time between the sea port and the airport. I've never been on a cruise, but I would suspect that if the ship docks at noon you need to add disembarkment time (maybe 1/2 hour?).

I would guess that once you include all that, you don't really have much "free" time at all in Vancouver. With luggage, I would suggest just going to the airport. The international terminal is very nice and there's shopping, restaurants etc.
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 09:31 AM

Here is info regarding luggage storage at the terminal

"Short-term luggage storage is available at Canada Place terminal. CDS Baggage provides storage services. Tel: 604-303-4500. (Hours of operation – 8:00am – 4:00pm on cruise ship days)"

I would recommend a Trolley Tour as it will show you the highlights of the city and picks up at Canada Place.

Here is their website http://www.vancouvertrolley.com/

You should be off your cruise ship by 10 am at the latest so you should have plenty of time to see the sights. Enjoy your cruise and your Vancouver visit.
Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 08:38 AM

Hi

We have just returned to the Uk from two weeks in Vancouver and Victoria as tourists : we thought

1. Gastown - very poor even for tourists
2. Stanley Park great place if it gets hot or too busy in the city

3.We stayed in Kitsilano - the place may well have been purpose built for thirty somethings - I have never seen so many quality independently owned shops/restaurants - are the corporates bnned? (thank god!) even Starbucks had a low profile in favour of character coffee bars.

4. Beg/ borrow/ steal enough for a sed plane ride to Victoria because a) it is post to post for the cities ie the ferry terminals are not at all close to either cities but the se plnes go right in and b) I can't think of anywhere else in the world that you could do this between two large cities

5. Butchart Gardens is out of town and very expensive for what it is - we maybe gardens snobs used to English grand lndscaped gardens and so biased but it was very busy and pretty but not particularly inspiring.

6. Grouse mountain has great views but the theme park on top is a bit of a let down.

7. Granville Island - good market and well above the usual tourist tat you could have expected. The indoor market has great atmosphere and good quality.

8. The Aquarium - should be closed down for the manner in which the Beluga whales are kept - if you want to see the wildlife - boycott them and go whale watching. Also although it has good representations of local sea scapes the rest of the exhibits have fallen behind world standards eg New Orleans.

9. Try to get to get to the West coast of Vancouver Island - feels like you have reached the end of the world.

Have fun !
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Original Poster

Awesome! Thank you all very much. I am so glad to hear that the airport has baggage storage....I wouldn't want to miss out on seeing Vancouver even if it is just a bit....