Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

VANCOUVER BC fireworks display July/August "Symphony of Fire" Any tips, hints, recommendations?

Search

VANCOUVER BC fireworks display July/August "Symphony of Fire" Any tips, hints, recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 1999, 06:32 PM
BK

I'm trying to find a good company that has boat trips to see the fireworks for the Symphony of Fire this July/Aug in Vancouver. The only one I have heard of even mentioned is Pride of Vancouver Charters. Does anyone here know anything about this company? Or are there any other boat companies you know about that go out on these nights to view the fireworks displays? <BR>Recommendations are very welcome. We've never been to see the fireworks and also know little about Vancouver, so any help with this whole subject of the Symphony of Fire or boat cruises in the bay would be most welcome. Also any hotel suggestions that are in the area of the fireworks so we don't have to drive amid huge crowds of cars (is there public transportation for this event?) Thanks for any help. <BR>

Old Apr 26th, 1999, 07:53 PM
bross

Call the Vancouver Tourist and convention bureau. They will have very specific info about the Fireworks. I can't remember what harbour the fireworks are in. A downtown water front hotel ie Pan Pacific - very expensive b ut it is on the waterfront, but not sure if it is facing the right harbour. It has been a long time since I was in Vancouver in the summer. It just depends what harbour first of all. Then you can ask for recommendatins about hotels. Do you want high price hotel, med price hotel, traveling with kids or just one or two people.? Vancouer was my home town, not there now. Write back or look up Vancouver on the Web. They have many sites. I don't have time to look them up right now. I have many travel guides on Vancouver at work I will biing one home and give you some ideas on where to look if you like.

Old Apr 30th, 1999, 07:59 PM
Mandy

<BR>English Bay Inn is a nice B&B that should be nearby to fireworks but they may be booked by now.

Old May 7th, 1999, 09:10 PM
BRoss

also try this web site <BR> <BR>http://www.tourism-vancouver.org <BR>official home page of Vancouver Tourism