Reload this Page >

US Canada Land Border Crossings, Aug 9 & later

Old Aug 14th, 2021, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
My very nervous sister is going on a driving trip to the Canadian Rockies (as a passenger) and is stressed over the crossing. She will have a PCR test done within 72 hours and filled out the ArriveCAN app (which doesn't seemed to be updated for the new Aug 9 requirements yet). Would really like to hear about first-hand experiences from anyone who has crossed into Canada via one of the US/Canada land border crossings since August 9. Did you have any issues filling out the ArriveCan app? Were there any unexpected surprises? Would greatly appreciate any insights that you can provide into the process.
Thanks, Pamela
Old Aug 14th, 2021, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Pamela,

I crossed July 23rd and a friend of mine crossed on Friday at Dorval Airport (Montreal). I am Canadian (dual actually) but my friend is a US citizen only. They checked to see my test result and the ArriveCan confirmation number. I had it all in different windows on my phone ready to go. It was a bit stressful since I was afraid to drop something important like my passport or vaccination card & not knowing what to expect but all things considered, it went smoothly. Check to see it’s an allowed CoVid test. I had to do an additional CoVid test at the airport, my friend did not—can’t speak to the land borders although crossing times appeared longer than usual.

best wishes

Daniel