underground city

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 09:57 AM
jessi

underground city

What is the Underground City in Toronto? Where is it located??

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 11:32 AM
expert on

jessi- To answer your question completely and thoroughly... The Underground City is a city underground.... it is located in Toronto under ground... to be more specific the Underground City is under ground in the City of Toronto. <BR> <BR> To find it, go to Toronto and go under ground to the Underground City. Any Questions?

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 11:51 AM
garyt

Jessie - I agree with the above poster. However, to clarify, the underground city is a series of connected tunnels that help Torontonians stay out of the chilly winter season or steamy hot summer. The tunnels connect major office space with transportation and major retail stores. The tunnels begin near the convention center on Front street on the south and run through the core of the downtown, with several enter/exit points. As a visitor, you may want to take a peek down there, but it's much more fun experiencing Toronto at the street level. Maps of the underground, its stores, shops, and restaurant connectors are available on the Toronto.com website.

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Brian Kilgore

There's a network of pedestian tunnels, usually lined with stores and restaurants, under much of downtown Toronto. You can get from the Toronto City Hall (the clam shaped building)and the Eaton Centre shopping mall next door, on the north side of the tunnels, down to the Fairmont Royal York Hotel, the Royal Bank towers, and the Union Station train station on the south edge. <BR> <BR>Most of the giant skyscrapers you see in a Toronto skyline photo are linked by the tunnels. <BR> <BR>The stores are mostly closed on weekends because they get most of their buisness from people in the office towers. <BR> <BR>There are several access points from the tunnels to the Toronto subway system, and when it's hot in the summer or cold in the winter many people can spend days on end underground, away from the weather. <BR>BAK <BR>

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 12:02 PM
garyt

PS. - Look for the PATH signs(that's what they really call the underground city in Toronto)

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 12:53 PM
Faina

Ha ha, I went to what looked a pharmacy only from the outside, it turned out to be a 3-storied underground shopping mall, huge one, I did all my gift shopping there Except the hockey hall of fame of course! Wonderful idea to keep the shopping down under