Toronto to Detroit

Search

Toronto to Detroit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2005, 12:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toronto to Detroit

I am travelling to Toronto from England August and wish to visit my friend in Michigan. Air fares in August are expensive $300+ and I was hoping I could either use the train or bus. I have looked at viarail and greyhound websites but am unable to find any crossborder schedules. If I can get as far as Winsor how do I cross the border? I would prefer not to hire a car as my friend will be mobile once I get across the border.

Any ideas........?

Thanks
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 09:32 AM

There are no direct trains between Toronto and Detroit.

I searched Greyhound's USA site and can find the schedule. 5 direct buses a day, but they make a lot of stops and take about 6 hours.

If your friend has a car, the best way is for you to take VIA Rail to Windsor, and have your friend cross the river to pick you up in Windsor.
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 12:25 PM

not sure if this will help but check out Robert Q Airbus website - they say on their website they go from Windsor to Detroit. I think they go to Detroit airport but not sure where they pick up in Windsor.
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 01:51 PM

Transit Windsor has busses that run between Windsor and Detroit - http://www.citywindsor.ca/000600.asp

You could also try Personal Transport, which usually shuttles passengers between Windsor Airport and Detroit Metro and will be more expensive. Their web site suggests they will also take passengers to other locations in Detroit and Windsor - http://www.personaltransportation.ca/
Old Jul 13th, 2005, 04:49 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, looks like I am taking the train to Windsor and meeting there......