Toronto in April

Mar 10th, 2000, 06:47 PM
Rosie

Toronto in April

Husband and I are traveling by car to toronto with 4 yr old child. Would like to know what types of activities are available that my child would enjoy. I would also like to know what to expect weather wise during that time of year.
Thanks for your help!

Mar 10th, 2000, 07:52 PM
nat

i live in toronto and have a 5yr/boy and 9yr girl. no ofense but what does your 4 yr old do there ? it is a very safe city even at night not that your child will be awake.there is the board walk down in the beaches ( bring a stroller). (i guess that was stupid the stroller ) check out www.toronto.com great site for toronto also www.the-beaches.com/beachmetro . the weather , well yesterday we broke a record 21 cel. rare but we enjoyed it alot, you might get rain /sun / or both check out any weather site and you will get an idea, we have moved out of the igloo by then . bring for the child rain wear, and warm clothing . you can always take off but you can not always put on. hope this helps nat

Mar 10th, 2000, 08:04 PM
nat

hi me again there is the toronto zoo it is amazin, your child would love it no matter what the weather, half of it is indoors, in the beaches there is alot of child play area,s . if i can help any more please email me with what you might like to do . nat

Mar 12th, 2000, 05:41 PM
Brian Kilgore

The weather is pretty much what you'd expect in New York or Chicago; daytime temperatures betweenhigh 40's and low seventies; may be some rain.
Children's Own Museum just south of Bloor Street West and Avenue Road (next to the Royal Ontario Museum) is wonderful for a four year old, and is very central. Ontario Science Center is
very popular with little kids. Casa Loma is a giant casgtle on a hill top and inspires imagination in little kids.
Chapters and Indigo book stores both have excellent children's departments. A subway ride will be fun; going east from Bloor and Yonge for half a dozen stops takes the train across a valley, outside where the kid can see stuff. The ferry boat to Toronto Island (foot of Bay Street) is well worth the price, and most kids like to walk around the harborfront area immediately west of the ferry docks.
First notch up in restaurants better than McDonald's would be Swiss Chalet (there are several in Toronto) with good chicken,kid's menu, free toys, and food that the parents will enjoy, too.
CN Tower elevator ride may be scary for some little kids.
BAK

Mar 12th, 2000, 10:17 PM
Tara

www.toronto.com