Reload this Page >

Toronto Hotels--Park Hyatt versus Four Seasons

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 1999, 11:55 AM
Rich Gramling

I am planning a romantic weekend in Toronto in August and am considering either the Park Hyatt or the Four Seasons for a two night stay. I would be interested in a comparison by anyone familiar with both. Comments from anyone with knowledge of one or the other would also be appreciated.

Old May 28th, 1999, 04:28 PM
Donna

Is the Park Hyatt formerly the Park Plaza? If so, we loved this place, especially the roof top restaurant and cocktail lounge with outdoor terrace overlooking the city below. The Four Seasons is nice, too. You can't go wrong with either. We especially enjoy this neighborhood.

Old May 28th, 1999, 04:57 PM
Lynn

Rich, I recently booked a trip to Toronto for late summer and was looking at several hotels. Just for your information, the Park Hyatt (formerly Park Plaza) quoted me $400 US/night. Maybe in August you'll get a better rate, but the posters on this forum advised me that while it was nice, the Park Hyatt was not worth $400/night. From my research, it sounds like the Four Seasons is one of the premier hotels to stay at in Toronto. at least moreso than the Hyatt.

Old Jun 1st, 1999, 08:26 AM
Rich Gramling

Donna-- <BR> <BR>The Park Hyatt is the former Park Plaza, but I don't know what changes new ownership has brought about. <BR> <BR>Lynn-- <BR> <BR>FYI, the Park Hyatt quoted me a rate of $300 Canadian per night for the South Tower.

Old Jun 1st, 1999, 06:09 PM
Donna

Rich: Thanks for the update. When we visited last September, there was renovation underway (not that you could tell, it was so discreet) and a printed sheet regarding a change of ownership promising only improvements. When making a reservation for dinner, I had mentioned that we were celebrating our anniversary. At the conclusion of our meal - which was one of the finest in every way we've ever had anywhere - our server brought a slab of white chocolate with "Happy Anniversary" on it in dark chocolate on a silver tray. What a nice touch! I was delighted, having forgotten about mentioning this. Later, it was carefully wrapped up for us to take along.

Old Jun 6th, 1999, 12:24 PM
Brian Kilgore

It's hard to tell looking at the Hyatt this week when the construction will be finished. At $400 US per night,it is overpriced, regardless of whether construction is underway. Stay at the Four Seasons, and walk across the street for a drink in the rooftop bar of the Hyatt. <BR>