Tips for Sights

Old Feb 17th, 2022, 11:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tips for Sights

Hello, we are arriving in Vancouver from the UK at the end of July with 2 nights in Vancouver before driving to Jasper with a stop off in Clearwater. Which is the more scenic route to take to Clearwater. Highway 99 via North Vancouver or the Trans Canada Highway eastwards. I assume both would require going through Kamloops. Also any suggestions on interesting sights along the way would be highly appreciated. we are 1 adult and 1 9 year od
Old Feb 18th, 2022, 07:13 AM

I am just starting my own research as well on Vancouver Island. I hear Butchart Gardens is a “must-see”.
Old Apr 13th, 2022, 01:39 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lrice
I am just starting my own research as well on Vancouver Island. I hear Butchart Gardens is a “must-see”.
to be honest in hindsight, I wish I had booked a couple more days in Vancouver, I'm disappointed I'm not going to get the time to go to Vancouver Island.
Old Apr 13th, 2022, 01:47 PM

Check out Hello BC website. Many ideas there.
Old Apr 14th, 2022, 07:30 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
not familiar with the route to Clearwater from Kamloops. sounds like this is a must stop yes? because if not, i know the route on Canada 1 from Kamloops to Banff and following the Icefields Parkway north to Jasper is amazing. tremendously scenic, incredible wildlife sighting opportunities great little towns. also passing through Mt Revelstoke, Glacier, and Yoho Canadian National Parks before arriving in Banff. and the Parkway north to Jasper is one of the great scenic drives in the world. you don't mention how many nights you have in the Rockies area and my suggestion will take more time to reach Jasper than the route through Clearwater but if your in that area and don't at least drive the Parkway, you'll surely regret it. maybe reverse my idea and go that route on the way back to Vancouver? whatever you do look at getting any reservations for accommodations ASAP as it books up in that area VERY quickly, especially now that crossing the border is available to US citizens again.