Scenic Drive in Quebec

Search

Scenic Drive in Quebec

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scenic Drive in Quebec

WE are starting in Montreal in the Old City(2 nights) and ending downtown(2 nights). In between we will have a car and have reservations in Quebec City (2 nights.) We have two free days before Quebec City and are trying to decide if we should see Ottawa or go above Quebec City. Where would we find the best scenery? My husband likes to drive so three hours one way or the other is not an issue. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance!
Old Sep 9th, 2008, 09:21 AM

Hi wondering,

For those who have not read your other posts, this is happening in September.

If based on personal preference, I would head to the Charlevoix. The scenery is beautiful at any time of the year. However, if the short term weather looks rotten, you can drive to Ottawa through the lower Laurentians and spend some time at Ottawa's various and varied museums.

JQ
Old Sep 9th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much. I am glad you mentioned it is in Sept! I like your idea. Do you think we would have any problems with lodging without any reservations either direction if we waited to see the weather???
Old Sep 10th, 2008, 03:57 AM

Hi wondering,

If the colours are at full throttle, and it is a weekend, then you may have a bit more trouble with your first choices in the Charlevoix.

Another thought, if you are here when the colours are at their peak, look into a drive through the La Mauricie National Park (north of Trois-Rivieres). There is a fee, but the colours are sometimes spectacular. Here's a link to the website http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/qc/mauricie/index_e.asp

JQ

Old Sep 10th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! That sounds very appealing. The website is very good! And the links have lots of places to stay! Will report back hopefully.
Old Sep 10th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Syl

If you have a chance then you should drive to Mont Tremblant, 1& 1/2 hrs north of Montreal.You'll find good walking, hiking & bike trails & the gondola to the top of the mountain provides gorgeous scenery.