San Juan Island and/or Victoria

Nov 22nd, 2019, 04:52 AM
Original Poster

San Juan Island and/or Victoria

Hi, We are a group of 6 long-time friends taking a two week vacation together. First stop Seattle for two nights, ferry to Friday Harbor for two nights, ferry to Sydney-Victoria for two night, ferry to Vancouver for two nights. Then we are catching a train from Vancouver to Jasper-Lake Louise-Banff-Calgary. The train portion is all set. My question is the first week are we doing to much? Iím afraid once we get to a particular place and settle in it will be time to leave. We are on the ferry schedule which leave once a day in some places early mornings. Should we stay longer in FH or skip that and stay longer in Victoria. We could rent a car if necessary. Any suggestions or ideas would be welcomed. Thank you!
Nov 22nd, 2019, 05:04 AM

Your 2-night approach tends to work well for us.That will give you at least the full day in that location, plus the day that you arrive. Having said that, I could certainly spend more time in those places, but I think you are still well situated. Victoria would be a very nice day without a car, and you could plan a day trip to Butchart Gardens using a public transportation option. I have not yet been to Friday Harbor, can't advise you there.