Salt Spring/Pender Island

Feb 20th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

Salt Spring/Pender Island

Hi, i'm planning a trip for the end of April....5 nights Salt Spring Island and 3 nights Pender Island...We will be flying into Vancouver and taking the ferry to these 2 islands..i have alreay looked at BC ferries, and everything fits into the dates, i just have to book the ferries.

Question is....has anyone ever stayed at Oceanside Cottages on Salt Spring Island (specifically, the Love Shack) or the Shangri-la B & B on Pender Island?? At this point, these are the two accomodations i have picked, just deciding.

Any opinions or suggestions on what to do on these islands??

Thanks.
Feb 22nd, 2009, 08:49 AM

I'm a little curious about your choices; Saltspring is lovely, although I'm not familiar with Oceanside Cottages, but Pender isn't usually a destination like Saltspring or even Vancouver Island. What made you decide to go to Pender?
Feb 22nd, 2009, 09:27 AM
Original Poster

hmmmmm interesting question...Why not??? It is lovely there apparently, why do i need only go to an island that is similar to Vancouver Island and Salt Spring...nice to try out something different.I know some people that went there and loved it...We have a fantastic view and it'll be nice and relaxing for a few nights and take in the atmosphere of a less travelled place in my own country!!
Feb 23rd, 2009, 07:29 AM

Yes - I was just being curious, not critical! I guess many of us think of Pender more as a place to live rather than a tourist destination, but that doesn't mean nobody should go there on vacation. We have friends who live on Mayne, which is virtually next door to Pender. Those smaller Gulf Islands are particularly lovely in the summer. May can be cool-ish and wet - or it can be gorgeous. Have a great time!
Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:47 AM
Original Poster

Well, i travel all over the world looking for special places!! In hopes i will find a place to retire at one day!! Maybe Pender Island will be the one!!
Sep 19th, 2009, 07:26 PM

lots of people have chosen Pender Island as the place to live, but its a great place for a vacation as well, and not to far from Victoria or Vancouver.